XXI

Lunch was particularly solum for a Friday. I think it has something to do with the fact that today was my last full day in Miami. This time tomorrow, I would be on a plane back home, having already wished my friends goodbye.

Friday meant a longer lunch. We all rushed to our spot in the grass, realizing it was probably the last time I'd be there to eat with them. Even when I would come back to visit, it wouldn't be during school.

It was a tradition started with me. Before, they all used to eat inside but, since the tables wouldn't fit both groups, we decided to come out to the lawn. I was dreading going back to the snow.

Lauren and I were laying down, I was using her stomach as my pillow. Our hands were laced together as usual, Lauren occasionally kissing the back of my hand.

I was currently focused on Lauren's breathing. I made the decision last night that I was going to be as present and aware as possible. I wanted to make sure I would have things to remember back home, Lauren's breathing being one of them.

"This is fucking depressing," Dinah broke the silence. "Why do you have to go back?"

"Ugh, because my family and other friends are there." It was hard to be convincing when you don't believe yourself.

"You can Skype your family like you do now."

"I think my mom's going through withdrawal." I groaned.

"No offence, but it's better one person going through withdrawal than all seven of us."

"You guys will not go through withdrawal," I scoffed.

"Raise your hands if you're in favour of Mila staying," Dinah asked. Everyone raised their hands and Lauren released my hand so she could raise both of hers.

"Put your fucking hands down, Jauregui!" I said.

"Keep your ass in Miami and I will," She countered, sticking out her tongue.

"I have a life back home, too." I protested.

"Yeah, but your life is so much better here. I stalked your friends on Instagram, at least we all have asses; unlike that girl Taylor."

"Dinah!" I exclaimed, shocked. She raised her brows. "Okay, you're right, but still."

"Don't go," Lauren squeezed my hand.

"Come with me," I joked.

"Okay." Lauren nodded her head."I'll beg my mom tonight."

"Don't make Clara hate me, please."

Lunch progressed the same way, we would joke around and then be quickly reminded of my departure. Next thing I knew, I was basically crying in Lauren's arms. I sat sideways between her legs, clutching her shirt while she placed repeated kisses to the side of my head.

"Don't cry, baby, we're going to see each other soon." Lauren pulled me in a little tighter.

"I'm so used to seeing you everyday," I spoke into her shirt. She ran her thumb over my cheek.

"You'll see me everyday on FaceTime and the girls too." She reassured me.

"It's not that I don't believe that, I'm gonna be a crazy girlfriend that's constantly talking to you," Lauren laughed. "I just really don't like change."

"There are so many things that aren't changing, though." Lauren moved a loose strand of my hair behind my hair. "Dinah's still going to roast you in the group chat," I laughed. "All of us are still going to speak basically everyday, you're still going to know everything going on in our lives, and if anything, being away from you is just going to make me love you more."