XVII

I walk down the stairs rubbing my eyes and putting my messy hair into an equally messy bun. I barely got any sleep last night after the whole 'fight' with Lauren.

When I did finally fall sleep, I couldn't seem to stay asleep. It was almost eleven in the morning and I figured someone would probably be up and I should, at least, try to do something productive with my day as they were numbered here in Miami.

"Good morning, Camila!" Ally's mom greeted me as I stepped into the kitchen. Between her and Ally, there was enough happiness in the house for an army.

"How are you?" I asked, greeting her with a hug.

"I'm doing well, Ally's dad and I are going to take a weekend trip to visit my sister. We'll be leaving soon," She informed me.

"That sounds great," I smiled.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I just didn't sleep well yesterday. Thank you for asking though," I answered.

"Well, I'm going to go get everything ready. The girls are in the living room," She squeezed my arm and I sent her off with a smile.

Turning around in the direction of the living room, I was surprised to see Lauren leaning against the door frame.

I subconsciously chewed on my bottom lip and toyed with the string of my pyjama pants

Her features were soft and her eyes were droopier than usual. She was in sweatpants and I assumed she was waiting with the girls for me to wake up.

Lauren and I just watched each other for a couple seconds. Lauren ran a hand through her hair and promptly pushed herself off the doorframe. She didn't even have to take a step because that was enough for me to take those two steps and practically jump into her arms.

Lauren's arms went around my neck and I reciprocated, wrapping my arms around her waist. I don't think we've ever hugged this tightly. We've been close, but never this tight.

"I'm sorry," Lauren was the first to speak, keeping her grip.

"No, I am," I cut in, our voice muffled by the other's neck.

"No, listen, Camila, it's no excuse but my insecurities were speaking. I'm so fucking worried about us growing apart when you go because my feelings for you are so fucking real and intense." I hugged Lauren tighter, if that was possible, and ran my hand in small circles up and down her back.

"Babe, it wasn't just your fault. I shouldn't be worried about how other's relationships may or may not have worked out, I shouldn't be comparing our relationship that's so unique and stands on it's own to something else." I apologized. "It's the unknown, no wonder we're scared,"

"I know, but you said it yourself, it's about communicating that worry," Lauren leaned back to face me and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry I cornered you and was a dick last night,"

"I'm sorry I brought all of this up instead of approaching it properly." I said and Lauren cupped my cheeks, guiding me in for a kiss. One of her hands slid behind my neck. When we did part, Lauren pulled me back in for another hug.

"I think it's starting to hit us that I'm leaving in a week," I said.

"One week, then thirty days and we see each other again. We were stressed last night but now we know how to deal with it. We're good, right?"

I nodded and connected our lips once more. This could have definitely become a much bigger conflict.

"You're so good for me, Camila," Lauren spoke against my lips. I smiled into the kiss.