V

The next day, I found myself sitting in the library thinking about the kiss between Lauren and I. I had been doing my own work for about an hour and now, any minute, Lauren would arrive for her free period.

Last night, after we kissed, not much was said. Similar to her, I was speechless. We looked at each other for a while before I finally pulled away and made it back into the house.

I was excited to tell Dinah and Ally what happened but it turns out they were watching from Ally's bedroom window the entire time. I barely slept from the excitement last night.

As the bell rang, I saw Lauren walking towards our table. As soon as we made eye contact, smiles appeared on both our faces.

She dropped her books on the edge of her table.

"Hey, Laur-" I was cut off by her hands cupping my cheeks and her crashing our lips together. It was short but definitely intense.

When we parted, she kissed my cheek, grabbed her books, and made her way around the table to take the seat next to me.

"Good morning," She looked over to me.

"Really good morning, Lauren." I exhaled a laugh. "especially if I keep getting greeted like that every day."

"Yeah, that should hold me over for a couple minutes," She nodded slowly and I laughed. "How are you?"

"I'm very good, you?"

"I'm good," She answered nonchalantly. "Did you have a good night?"

"I had a great night, some girl came to visit me."

"Oh yeah?" She asked. "Was she cute?" I rolled my eyes.

"The cutest." I told her and she smiled.

"So I have math to do but we can talk at the same time." She explained.

"Oh, don't worry, do your stuff, don't feel obligated to take care of me." I reassured.

"I was thinking maybe we could split earphones and you could put your music on shuffle?" She asked hopeful, as if she was asking for something way crazier.

"Yeah, good idea." I paused. "And not to brag but math is kinda my thing," I flipped my hair over my shoulder dramatically. "So if you need help, holler at your girl."

"Holler at your girl?" Lauren's brows raised as she repeated.

"Shut up and do your work." I pulled out my earphones, plugged them into my computer, and handed them to Lauren.

She handed back one of them. "Listen with me?" She asked and I obliged, sliding one of the buds in my ear.

I began scrolling through iTunes as she pulled out her work. She put her hand in mine, stoping the scrolling.

"Shuffle, babe." She told me.

"I meant to ask this yesterday," I turned to face her. "When did babe happen!?"

"I don't know," She shrugged and went back to her work. I shook my head smiling and pressed shuffle.

The song 'Let Me Down Easy' by Max Frost came on. On one hand, I was happy because it was one of my all-time favourite songs and I had some crazy shit on my iTunes, making shuffle a risky thing. On the other hand, I hope it wasn't foreshadowing my relationship with Lauren.

I continued my scrolling on Tumblr, stealing glances here and there at Lauren. I could tell she was struggling with the math on her page. Whenever I looked over, she either had a very confused look on her face or she was vigorously typing on her calculator.