27- so?

Kai Demoney May 29, 2015 1:24 pm Jay's Home

"So y'all good now?" I give a nod and look over at Jay who is sitting across from me.

"Yea." I smile.

"Look like y'all falling back into old habits if you ask me." With a slight frown I shake my head and pull my feet away from him.

"No, I'm being a good friend."

"Old habits die hard." He mumbles. He just insists on being so negative about this. Of course he could never understand because me and Mally's relationship was way before him. We have a bond that can't be broken. Like we may have our differences, but those differences often bring us closer together. Whether Jay likes it or not, Mally will always be around. No matter where I live.

"Excuse me?" I say with furrowed eyebrows. "Where is this sudden sound of jealousy coming from?"

"Well excuse me for taking an interest in who you and MY kid around." I just love how he likes to throw that "my kid" shit around for everything.

"Well you weren't concerned before." I say, attitude very present in my tone. I folded my arms across my chest as he huffs.

"Well that was before I knew y'all was on some fatal attraction type shit." I scoff.

"Okay, now you're being ridiculous." I stress and just to escape his stupidity I stand up and try to walk away. Emphasis on TRY. I don't get very far before I feel a large hand grasp my skinny wrist.

"Aye, man come here." He mumbles pulling me back towards him. I give a roll of my eyes and allow him to pull me down on his lap. "Look I didn't mean anything by that Ight? I get that what you and him have going on is something that only y'all can understand. I respect that. And just like I respect that, I want you to respect what we trying to build."

I understand where he's coming from. "Can you do that for me?" I give a nod of my head.

"Yea, I can do that much for you. But under one condition."

"What's that?"

"You and Malano have to make a mends. I'm not saying you have to be the best of friends, but both of you need to get along regardless of anything. Mally is going to be Leilani's Godfather, so he is going to be around. And of course you're her father so you will be around. I'm not willing to compromise anything. It's either you two tolerate each other, or you can kiss me goodbye... Both of you."

"Ight. I'll talk to him when you take Kayden to her doctor's appointment." A smile soon appears on my face.

"Great!"

"But the only person who gon be kissing on you is Jermaine Cole." He mumbles placing a kiss on my lips.

"You're so extra." I smile, with a roll of my eyes.

"It's a Cole world out here girl." I give a shake of my head and stand up on my feet. The moment I do, I feel a light flutter in my stomach. 'That's my baby girl kicking.' I place my hands on either side of my small, round pudge with a little chuckle.

"Well, daddy Cole." I start, turning my belly to Jay. "It's time for you to feed us."

"Is my baby hungry?" I give a nod.

"Yes... Yes I am."

"Oh, I wasn't talking about you." He mumbles, while grabbing ahold of my waist and pulling my belly towards him.

"I was talking about my baby girl. You hungry Lei? Ight, daddy gon get you some food." He places a light kiss on my belly before I aggressively push him away.

"Okay funny guy, seriously. We're hungry."

"What do you want eat?" I give a shrug.

"Anything edible."

"Ight, hibachi grill it is then." The sound of that just made my mouth water.

"It's like you read my mind." I moan. He laughs at my dramatics and stands up next to me. Obviously towering me in the process.

"Come on drama mama."
***

4:00 pm Home

After Jay and I went out to eat. We stopped by a few baby stores. We didn't buy any major baby items, but I did get a little crazy with the baby clothes, bottles, blankets, pampers, ect. Like it may seem like such an early time to start shopping, but honestly the earlier the better.

I brought as much as I could with me, but Malano is going to have to help me bring up the rest from his car.

"Mally." I shout stumbling into the house.

The moment I get completely in I drop the bags on the floor. "Malano!" I shout again. To my surprise I hear little feet pattering my way. Obviously, it's Kayden. She runs from Mally's room and over to me. Grabbing a tight hold of my legs.

"Nane!"

"Hey, my bugaboo number 1." I Coe. I bend down and give her a light kiss on her forehead. "Where is bugaboo number 2?"

Once I ask she steps back and places her hands on her hips. She gives a look that says "I'm not happy" and rolls her eyes.

"Boppy on the porch with that girl from the other day." I furrow my eyebrows for a second.

"What girl?"

"That girl named Jasmine. Why is her name Jasmine? She looks nothing like princess Jasmine, she's not even a princess like Jasmine. She looks more like Jabar."

"Kayden stop it. Right now." As much as I want to laugh I can't. I can't be teaching her these bad habits. Speaking of which. Where the hell is she getting them from? "You don't talk about other people like that."

"Whatever, her still ugly." She's not, but because Kayden doesn't like her she is. You know they say kids are a good judge of character and they can sense good people. Things aren't looking too good for Jasmine right now.

"Just put these bags in my room okay?"

"Okay Nane." She skips her little sassy butt over to the bags and starts to take them to my room.

I on the other hand walk to the back where our balcony is. The moment I look through the glass door I catch a glimpse of Malano laughing and talking to Jasmine. He looks so happy.

The fact that she has him laughing and having a good time brings joy to my heart. That's exactly what he needs. With a smile on my face I tiptoe away from the glass door. I'm not going to interupt their good time. I think Kayd3n and I can manage.

*short ik, but I'm just trying to build up to the trip so this is just a filler.