3-Priority

Jermaine Cole January 17, 2015 3:15 pm Miami Chef

I looked across from me, in the second seat. Where Kai is sitting, with her milky brown skin.

'She actually a lot prettier than I remember.'

She smiles at me and looks down at her menu. She has a bit of a crooked smile, but it isn't bad.

"So where do you want me to take the test?" she asks with a slight smile.

" Oh um if you don't mind we could stop by my place and you could take it real fast." She nods.

"Yea, of course. That's fine." She smiles. I nod and look down at my menu. Things go silent as I look over my choices on the menu. I am in between a burger and a fish sandwich.

'I want something I can scarf down as fast as possible.' The faster we get through this, the better.

"So who's idea was this?" She asks.

"Danny. She said I needed to get to know you, to kinda get a feel of how the baby would turn out."

"Oh, ok. Is there anything you wanna ask me?"

I look up from the menu. "Uhh, what do you do for a living?"

"I'm in school, majoring in medicine." I nod.

"So anything you like to do in particular. Any interest outside of school?"

"I enjoy drawing." She answers. I nod and watch as she closes her menu and sets it down in front of her.

"Ahh so we have a artist and a musical prodigy in there."

She smiles and slightly bites her lip. Something I think is actually cute.

"We don't know if they're in there yet." She places her hand on her belly.

"I have faith." I then close my menu as well and sit it down. We sit silently waiting for our order to be taken.

This shit is real awkward for me. But it is out of my control. I can't force her to talk.

"So, why didn't you go with Danny?"

"She decided to make it a girls trip for her and her friends. I wasn't going and being around all those females."
She laughs.

"We're not that bad."

I side eye her. "Shitt." I shake my head. "It's always drama with y'all."

"No, if you find the right females it won't be like that." She clears her throat. "See if you find females who stay too themselves then it's cool, because everyone minds their business." She pauses for a second, biting her lip again. Then looking down at the ground.

"Then again my best friend is a guy and I can never keep a girl friend because of him. So I really wouldn't know what having girl friends are like." She looks at me with a chuckle.

"So I guess I'm the last person you should listen to." I smile.

"That's cool ma. At least I know my seed gon be chill."

"Yea." She smiles. "I guess so."
We sit and wait for the waitress to get over to us. When she does I feel a sudden relief, because a nigga is hungry.

"Hello, my name is Kelsey. I'll be your server for this evening. Can I get you something to drink?"

"Uh." I start stroking my goatee. "You can start me out with a coke."

"Ok." She smiles. After writing down my drink order she looks over at Kai. 

"And for you ma'am."