15- Bryson Wills and acomplices

Excuse any errors.

Kai Demoney 2/23/15 2:15 pm Miami Dade County Jail(Women's Division)

Everyday I've spent here. Has been tense. A few females gave me this stare. Some noticed me and others just ignored my presence all together.
"Aye preggo!" My cellmate shouted from out open cell door
Her name was Vinadra but she told me to call her Vinny. We weren't the best of friends but she's cool. She Spanish, tall, and skinny. Her attitude was unnecessary but I soon realized she couldn't control it.
"Yea?"
"They askin fa you out there."
I sat up in my bed. Wondering 'who could possibly want me? Nobody knows me hear.'
"Who is?"
"Officer Mel. She say your lawyer came."
I sighed and got out of bed. Slipping on my boots before walking out.
I was immediately met by Officer Mel. She grabbed my arm and gently escorted me out.
Officer Mel was absolutely the sweetest person I have ever met. She was nice to me and chose to sympathize with me rather than terrorize me.
"So I got word that Malono was released this morning."
"Really?" She nodded.
"They viewed the tape and let him go." I smiled a little.
"Good."
"That boy Is crazy about you. He was all over the news the talking about you. They say he is still sitting outside waiting to see you."
"But I can't have visitors yet."
"Yea well I suggest you sell this sappy love story. You can gain a lot of empathy points from the jury."
I sighed deeply. I really wanted to speak to Mally. Thank him for the gesture. I also wanted to tell him to look after Kayden. I know shes probably freaking out that no one has come to see her yet.
Once we made it out the women's division. She lead me to a room. I'm assuming it was their interrogation room. She opened the door for me and before I walked in she whispered good luck.
I nodded slightly, silently thanking her for her support.
Once I walked in I spotted my mother, Jay, Mally, and a handsome dark skinned man in a suit.
"Mally?" I gasped running over to him. He grasped me into a tight hug. I'm surprised we didn't get shouted at by anybody for touching each other.
The tensing in the moment brought tears to my eyes.
I sniffed, almost not wanting to let go.
"You OK? How you feeling?" He pulled away and gently placed his hands on my hips. Looking into his glossy eyes I had noticed he was crying too.
"I'm fine. How are you?"
"I'm good. Why would you do that baby girl? Huh? Why would you go against me on this?" I watched as more tears fell from his now red eyes.
"Because.. I couldn't let you take the fall for me." I whispered.
"Thats sum Kai. Youre pregnant. What kinda life is my is this baby gonna have with no mama?"
I shrugged. "I don't know." I whispered.
He sighed and pulled me back into his chest. Where I found the most comfort.. After our minute long hug, he kissed the top of my head and pulled away.
"Has anyone been by to see Kayden?" I asked.
"I went this morning." My mother answered.
"About damn time." She gave a deep sigh.
"Kai this isn't the time."
"Whatever." I continued on with my greeting and looked to Jay.
"Hey Jay."
"Wassup ma." He smiled a little and gave me a half hug. Talk about something being awkward. "This the lawyer I got for you."
The guy smiled and stuck his hand out for me to shake. "Hello Ms. Demoney. I'm you lawyer. Byson Wills. One of the best lawyers in Nation. I helped O.J. Simpson beat his case."
'He says that like it's something to be proud of.'
I grabbed a hold of his hand and shook. He had such a firm grip.
"I plan to get you out on house arrest. And possibly some community service hours."
I slowly pulled my hand away wondering if that was even possible.
"You can do that?" I asked.
"Without a doubt."
'I highly doubt he can do it.' I thought. "You can do that?" My mother asked.
"I can. The plan is to plead self- defense. It was obvious she strikes you first and you said in your statement to the officers that you we're defending your child. Which is natural for a mother." He stated.
I had to admit. It made a lot of sense.
"I can't really give you too much information at the moment but I just got my payment from Mr.Cole. And I will begin to conduct and build on your case." I nodded.
"OK." I sort of whispered. He gave another smile and walked out. 'That was quick.'
"So that's it?" I asked.
"He only came to give us a chance to see you. He was our ticket in since you can't have any visitors." Jay explained.
"Oh."
"You won't be able to see us until after your trail." He continued.
"OK well can I have a moment alone with Jay for a second."
"Yea." Jay seemed to be surprised by my request but everybody else reluctantly cleared the room.
Awkward silence floated around in the isolated room as soon as the door shut.
I looked up a Jay who stood back looking at me. 'I guess I should start since I initiated it.'
"Thank you. For the lawyer." I whispered.
He nodded. I still couldn't disect his feelings towards me yet. He seemed to be emotionless.
"No problem."
I gave a deep sigh.
"Look I'm so sorry for the trouble I put you through. I-I-"
"At first a nigga wasn't sweating it. I wasn't mad at you, I knew you was just protecting yourself. But then I got a call last night from one of the detectives who investing the case. In my hotel room. You know I cant even go home and get some clothes." He paused for a second. I studied him and he possessed so much sudden anger. He was extremely tense. "He told me Dani autopsy came back and she was pregnant."
I immediately felt bad. If I had know I would have controlled myself. Not to be a bitch but it probably wasn't his baby. I guess that's still is a touchy situation.
"I didn't know."
"I know and that's why I shouldn't be mad. But I can't help but think about the fact that she was pregnant with my kid."
"Your kid? You really giving her too much credit."
I mentally slapped myself after that comment.
"Oh that's what we doin now?"
"I'm so-"
"Fuck it." He then began to walk to the door. I watched him helplessly. Wanting to stop him and hug him Maybe even kiss him. But I couldn't bring myself to that point. "Ill have that lawyer nigga keep in touch with you." He mumbled. And then he walked out. I let him.
The next person to come in was Mally.
"You ight baby girl? What happened?" I sighed and placed my head in my hands. Shaking my head at My slip.
"I said something stupid."
He sighed and pulled me into him. "Hell get over it. But right now. I need to tell you something."
I looked up at him as his eyes turned glossy.
"What?"
"I love you. You know that right?"
"Yea? I know."
"And I know you know by now that I'll do anything for you." I nodded.
"Of course."
"So when I tell you this I need you to bare with me. I don't need you trying to do anything stupid."
"Yea is everything OK with you? With Kayden?"
"Yea. She's good I spoke to her on the phone this morning."
"Oh." My worry sent away.
"But it's about yo dad." My heart beat speed up once again.
"when your mama told him you we're in jail...... He uhh."
"He what? Broke out again? How the he'll do they keep losing one man. He's big but damn their trained for this stuff." I stressed.
"Nah it ain't that."
"What is it then?"
"They found Him in his cell. Hung from the cei-"
"Oh God no!" I shouted.
"Kai listen to me."
"No! You come in here to tell me my father killed himself because I ended up in the hospital?!" I soon began to hypervenilate.
"Kai calm down."
"Why am I the reason for everything happening now? I killed someone's wife, Daughter! Mother..... And now my father has killed himself because of something I did to land me in this.... This shithole!"
Just then my mother walked in.
"You should blame yourself! My husband is dead because of of you!" She screamed at me.
"Oh it's so typical for you to be happy about blaming all of this on me!"
"Come on mama Nai that is wrong."
"Stay out of this Malano!"
"Just leave! I don't even know why you hear. You don't give a fuck about me!"
"Watch your mouth."
"I'm so tired of watching my mouth. Holding my tongue for you. You can go to hell for all I care. Just stay away from my little sister. When I get out of here I'm taking her out of that God forsaken research hospital and bringing her home."
"Over my dead body!" She raged storming out.
Mally then turned to me. Watching as I huffed and puffed.
"You OK?"
"No." I mumbled as my eyes began to tear up. "My life is falling apart, Mally. When did I lose touch of my goals, my life?" He sighed and pulled me into him. Rocking side to side.
"To be honest...... When you got pregnant." The sad part about this was that it's true.

Excuse any errors. I will fix them later.