10- The Reality of Rumors

Kai Demoney February 14, 2015 11:03 am

I walk into my class and make my way over to my seat. Gaining a few stares and whispers. 'Why was everyone so nosy today? We're in college for Pete's sake. Like grow up.' I sigh and sink a little deeper in my seat. The thought of the issue popping into my thoughts. 'That article!' I think. I look around at the whispering individuals and I am definitely the topic of the conversation.

"So is it true?" I jump to the sound of Claire's voice. She just came out of no where.

I slightly roll my eyes, clearly a little agitated by her comfort to intrude in my personal life. She isn't my friend. She is simply someone who used me to get to Mally.

"Mind your business." I state, continuing to look forward.

"Well excuse me. I'm just trying to help you out." I scoff and turn to look at her.

"Help me how? Go suck Malano's dick or something." She looks a little taken back by my words. Hell even I am a little taken back by my words. I am suddenly super snappy. Something that I'm usually not.

I can hold my composure any other time. Can it be that my hormones are finally kicking in?

"Woah. Pregnant much?"

"Get out my face Claire." I mumble.

"I'm just saying that word is out and I heard your name being called near the teachers lounge."

"Claire you have 3 seconds to get out of my face or I swear I will beat your ass. Pregnant or not." She quickly stands from behind me and walks to the other side of the room.

I then take a deep breath, wondering what the outcome may be. I know that the wonder is over when the professor walks in. Causing everyone to make their way to their seats. He walks in and immediately looks through the class. Finally stopping at my face. He clears his throat.

"Ms. Demoney they would like to see you in main office. " This causes everyone to "Owwww."
Like are these people still in grade school or what?

I nod and stand to my feet. Ignoring the stares and faint whispers I rush out the class.

The whole way to the office I am having a nerves break down. A whole heap of negative outcomes fill my head. 'What if they decide to kick me out? Especially after all the money I have invested.'

During my panic attack I figure it will be best to call the person I know can calm me down.

So I dial Malano's number and walk over to a bench. I place the phone to my ear and take a seat. Listening to the phone ring for a few seconds.

After the third ring he picks up.
"Baby Girl." He a greets.

"Mally I'm scared." I sniff. Not even noticing that I have a few tears that have slipped from my eyes.

"Why? You good? Why you crying?"

"I think they're gonna get rid of me." I answer, my voice cracking in the process.

"Who gon get rid of you?"

"The school board. I was called to the office and I'm too scared to go in. This is my future Mally." He sighs.

"I know baby girl, but you can't go in there thinking like that. You put so much money in I'm sure they ain't gon be nasty like that. I'm sure they got an alternative option for you."

"You think?"

"Yea. You been going to that school for 4 years. Just stay calm."

"But I can't." I whine.