12- Powerful

Jermaine Cole February 15, 2015 9:34 am
"See what you can do. I want to file a lawsuit for sexual harassment and I want his ass arrested."
"I will get in contact with the school." My lawyer spoke through the phone.
"Ight, thank you."
"No problem I'll keep in touch."
"Ight." I hung up my phone and placed it on my night stand. Watching as Danny walked over to her closet.
"Ight so where you going again?" She groaned and walked into the closet.
"I told you. To Atlanta." She mumbled.
"Yea you been gone a lot lately. A nigga get to barely see you."
She smiled and walked out of the closet. Leaning on the door frame.
"Yea well that's karma. Mr. I gotta go on tour." I sucked my teeth.
"That's different and you know it."
"Jay please." She rolled her eyes. "Not now. I have to pack." She stated going back in the closet.
I shrugged not even ready to argue with her. I got up from my bed and walked out the room. Wondering if Malano and Kai was up yet. He had stayed here two nights in a row just for her. I walked to the door and slightly knocked. Not hearing any movement.
"Yo Kai, Lono yall up?" Still there was no answer. I can't just open the door. That ain't my place. So I walked downstairs and out back. I grabbed the bag of dog food by the slide door and walked to the dog cages. I had even forgotten to feed my dogs this morning. Worried about the fact my wife leaving again.
Just as I made my way to the cage area, I caught a glimpse of what looked like Malano carrying Kai. I stopped for a second watching as they got closer. Wondering why they was in the garden.
"Yo Jay wassup?" Malano called walking completely up to me.
"Wassup? What yall was doing in the garden so early?" I looked down at Kai who was curled up in his arms, sound asleep.
"We snuck out here this morning. I had to get her out to get some fresh air. Shit ain't good for the baby you know?"
"Yea, yall must've stayed up all night?"
"Yea we did. She just fell asleep. I'm finna go put her in the bed though."
"Ight."
"Oh, before I forget she threw up in yo pond. So you might wanna get somebody to clean that up."
I chuckled. "Ight." He laughed a little and headed in the house. Leaving me outside. Malano take good care of Kai. They got a real close bond. It's good though because I can see he keeps her grounded. When he around she ten times calmer. Which make me consider letting her go home. She definitely gonna need him when her daddy get that lethal injection.
***
Kai Demoney 12:30 pm
I woke up this evening feeling fresh as ever. I released all of my food into the pond so I was pretty hungry. I seen that Mally was no longer laying with me.
I glanced over at the clock on the wall. Seeing it was around the time he had to go to work. I sighed. A little sad to find he wasn't next to me.
I slid out of bed and walked to the bathroom. Brushing my teeth and washing my face. The house was kind of quiet so I took this time to roam.
"Jay!" I screamed out.
"I'm out back ma." I followed his voice out back. Seeing that he was holding a notepad and a pencil. Sitting at his patio table. I guess he heard the shuffle of my feet because he immediately looked up at me.
"How you sleep?" I shrugged.
"Ok." I mumbled walking over to the patio table. Taking a seat in the second chair. "So where's Danny?"
He huffed and shook his head. Looking back down at his notepad.
"She went to Atlanta." He mumbled.
'Wow she sure is gone a lot. Probably on a sucking spree.' I chuckled to myself.
"Oh. Ok." I tucked my lip and watched as he nodded. Writing something down on his notepad.
I was a bit curious as to what he was writing. Wondering if it was a rap or something.
"Soo...." I dragged. "What are you writing over there musical prodigy?" He chucked and looked up at me.
"A new lil verse. Nothing major." I smiled.
"Oh..... Can I... Hear it?"
He lifted his eyebrows almost as if he was surprised.
"You actually want to hear it?" I nodded with a small giggle.
"Yea, I would love to. Why so surprised?" He shrugged.
"Danny ain't never really been into my music like that."
'Because she's an opportunist.' I shared with myself. The more I get to know Danny the more I sense a groupie. Especially after finding out how she just volunteered to give Mally head.
"Yea, unlike most I'm a huge fan of logic and just pure dominating lyricism."
"Ight." He shrugged. "I kinda picked that up about you. Though." I smiled and watched as he looked down at his notepad. "Ion know what to call it yet but I guess I'll figure that out once it's done." He started. "The reality of you is based more on your morality. You keep your head high, been through more than most. But I could tell behind that pretty brown shadow that you stronger than most. Nah, you ain't like the other girl around the block. You don't even like to talk. You rather sit back and observe the reality Of what life throws at you. If a nigga had sense. He would wife you up, but you tense with love." (Don't laugh at my rap attempt. Lol. I just felt like being original instead of taking a verse from one of his songs.) He paused and looked up at me. "That's all I got so far."
I clapped my hands. Giving a cheeky smile. "I liked it."
"Yea?" I nodded.
"Yea, I love how you appealed to the female agenda in this one."
He chuckled.
"Nice to have a female opinion though." I smiled.
"Anytime. I wouldn't mind lending you an ear."
"Ima have to take you up on that offer."
I giggled and looked out at the pool.
"So what's it like?" I asked.
"What?"
"Rapping? Having so many people hang onto your every word, and depend on it?"
He shrugged. "If it come natural then it's no pressure." I nodded.
"Understood."
It got silent for a second. But it wasn't awkward this time. As I looked out at their backyard. It made me think about how beautiful the garden was.
"That garden is amazing."
"Yea, I had my people do that."
"It's really soothing. I almost forgot about all my troubles being back there."
"Sometimes I go back there to write my music."
"Alright so let's go back there."
"You want too?" I gave a nod and stood up.
"Yea, come on."
I waited for him to stand but he didn't. His eyes were fixed on my belly.
"I'm sorry. Do you think this is inappropriate?" I looked down at my attire. I guess I was a little comfortable since I was wearing a sports bra and a pair of Mally's gym shorts.
"No, nah you good ma. I was just looking at your belly. You getting a lil pudge."
'Was I really?'
"Really?" I asked placing my hand on my belly. "I didn't notice. I didn't even think it would happen this early?" I pressed down on my belly. I hadn't eaten this morning but it was still a little hard. "It is kinda hard." I mumbled.
"You mind?" I looked over at him as he reached his hand over.
I slightly shook my head and smiled. "No go ahead."
It wasn't much to feel but hey it's his kid. I guess every moment is precious. He reached over the table and placed his hand on my belly. Putting slight pressure on it.
"Yea it is kinda hard." I nodded. He pulled his hand back and stood to his feet.
"Ight you ready." I nodded. He grabbed his papers and pen.
***
We had been back here for almost an hour. Talking and laughing. It felt like we had known each other forever. And it's crazy to say..... But I might've developed some type of feelings towards him. I mean this isn't the first time it's happened. Because it definitely has happened more than once. I just keep telling myself "it's just a little crush. It'll go away." But then it just doesn't, it merely hides itself until we're alone again.
Jay wasn't the most handsome guy in the world, but he bestowed so much knowledge. It made him all the more attractive. The bushy hair on his head and chin had him looking like a caveman. However I still look past that.
Despite our actual reasoning for coming back here. We just sat and talked. Defeating the purpose of being in here.
"I'm nervous about it though." He sighed and sat back on the pillows.
"I don't know why. I think you'll make a great daddy." I smiled and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Ease up. The kid isn't even fully developed yet." He chuckled.
"Yea."
"So what do you want?"
"I want a boy and Danny want a girl." I sighed.
"Probably could've had both if it wasn't for my crazy family."
"Don't even sweat it ma. We lucky we even getting one out the deal."
I gave a half smile and nodded slightly.
"So how did you and Danny meet?"
He sighed and set his pad aside.
"About 6 years ago. A nigga had just dropped out of college. Got tired of all the prolonged bullshit. I was rapping and I was gettin on fast. At one of my nigga parties, I met her. She was fangirling, saying she knew who a nigga was. She knew all my songs, it made a nigga feel good. So I been fucking with her ever since." I nodded.
'That's a groupie all the way. She played her cards right and did her homework.' I though. However I just spoke a positive message. "Awe that's sweet."
He chuckled. "Nah it ain't sweet. She was plotting on a nigga."
My eyebrows shot up. Hearing him say that kind of made me wonder. 'Does he know his wife is a hoe.'
"Why do you say that?"
"My wife was a groupie. A hoe looking for a way out and I was the nigga dumb enough to do it for her. I just sympathized with her for not have fam."
"So why did you marry her?"
"By the time I found all this shit out.... I had her pregnant."
"Pregnant? I thought Danny couldn't have kids." He sighed.
"She can't. And doctor's say that her miscarriage may have been the reason. She was baby crazy after that. But I married her because she was pregnant. And I felt that was best for my kid."
"Wow I'm so sorry to hear that." He nodded.
"You wanna know something else?" I kept my mouth shut. Knowing it was a rhetorical question. "My wife be gone all the time. And I always knew she was fucking behind my back."
"Really?" He nodded. "Are You going to do something about it?"
He shook his head. "Nah, cause I'm guilty of some too."
'Oh my lord! Im handing my baby over to the most dysfunctional family ever.' 'Wait did I just say my baby?'
"You heard me Kai?" Snapped out of my thoughs I looked up at Jay. Who insisted on staring me dead in the eyes. "I'm sorry. I was zoned out for a second. What did you say?"
"You carrying my child." He placed his hand on my belly. His cold hand making me flinch to his touch. "And I think that's why I'm so attracted to you." Hearing those words, made my heart skip a beat. "Don't get me wrong. You a beautiful girl. But it's just some bout a female sacrificing her body to make a man happy. Ion even know how I can began to repay you for what you doing."
"Re-really it's no problem." I smiled.
"Nah, honestly. I'm sorry for even putting you in this situation. While talking to my lawyer about filing sexual harassment charges against that principal at your school. I also asked that she get rid of the surrogate agreement papers."
"What!? When did you decide all this?"
"This morning as Danny was leaving. All this traveling and hoeing she doing.... She ain't fit to raise my kid. Don't worry. Im still funding everything. Your school payments as well as your little sister hospital bills." He grabbed my hand. Looking me straight in my eyes once again.
"I know this ain't what you signed up for. But I want you to keep your rights as the mother."
"Why? What about Danny?" He sighed and let go of my hand. Looking forward.
"I told you. I don't think she fit to raise my baby."
"But what about school?"
"Im helping with my kid. I was thinking you can move in here. You set your stuff up in your room. And the baby room right next to it. When I'm home I can help, I'm sure Malano will be here everyday to help, and when I'm on tour and neither one of us available, I got my family."
'Was he serious?'
"Once my little sister get's out the hospital you know she has to come stay with me?"
He shrugged. "This a 6 bedroom house. Shit if you want to move Malano in you can do that too."
"Really?" He nodded.
"Yea, he cool. And I can tell he keep you grounded."
"You want all of these people in your house?"
"Ill do anything for my seed."
"I won't ask Mally to move in. But he will always be around."
"Thats straight."
"So how will you tell Danny about this?"
"Ill tell her when she get from her trip of hoeing. She gon be mad but that's her business."
"Of course she's gonna be mad. This is supposed to be her baby."
"Not no more. At the end of the day. She my wife. So she gon have to be around him or her. But as far as them knowing her as mommy... I ain't feeling that." I nodded slightly. And gave a long sigh.
"OK."
"So you agreeing to it?"
"Yea. I guess I'm gonna be a mOmmy." The words came out my mouth. However, I wasn't at all ecstatic about it. I don't want to neglect my child. I will not be my mother. So do I really have a choice?