18- Let the chips fall where they may

*kelsey in mm*
Jermaine Cole March 2, 2015 2:45 Miami Dade county Jail

I waited for them to release Kai. Of course I wasnt just gon leave her in there. I paid the necessary 10 percent of the amount and they had yet to release her. I been sort of giving her the cold shoulder. Still not sure how to handle the situation. I like Kai a lot but the situation we found ourselves in was too complex.
A text message flashed across my screen from Kelsey. I had made sure to keep in contact with her ever since.
Kels: I think it's great what you are doing.
I smiled a little. She was always positive. I think that's what I loved most about her. To be quite honest she reminded me a lot of Kai. Probably why I like her so much.

Me: God bless the saint in me.
I locked my phone and placed it back in my pocket. I anticipated the moment Kai would come through the doors. My legs were shaking and I was biting at my nails. A nigga didn't really know what to say to her.
I gave a deep sigh and the moment the doors flew open.... I seen her brown skin tone walking through the door. I stood to my feet and waited for the moment she realized I bailed her out. She probably expected it to be Malano. He wanted to but I told him I wanted to be alone with her to clear the air.

I watched as she looked around the room until she found me. A shocked expression soon consumed her face.
I could tell she didn't expect it to be me but she was happy it was.
"You came for me?" She asked. I'm sure it was rhetorical. I could hear the hoarseness in her voice. Which meant she was about to cry. Seconds later tears consumed her eyes.
I half smiled and slowly walked towards her.
"Yea." I mumbled.
With that she ran into my arms and with open arms I accepted. No need to be mad about some shit I wasn't mad about before. Yea Danny was pregnant but I have to worry about my kid that's on the way now.
I sighed a little bit and kissed the top of her head. Trying my best to soothe her. As her emotions got the best of her. "You came for me." She sniffed. Still crying. Her face buried deep into my chest.
She looked up at me. I could see the hurt and sorrow deep in her eyes. Her eyes told a story of a lifetime full of hurt. Which made me fall victim to her even more than I already have.
"I-I thought you would never speak to me again." She whispered.
"Believe me I tried not to. But you carrying something that's very valuable to me."
She sighed a little and pulled away from me. Wiping her tears away in the process.
"Thank you." She said while clearing her throat. "You have been super supportive throughout this whole ordeal. Way to supportive if you ask me." She was talking but all I was hearing was, "blahh blahh blahhh supportive blahh blahh blahh." Not because I didn't want to listen but because I was too consumed in her beauty.
She was glowing and in that moment I knew I had forgiven her. Which meant I was free to pursue her. So I did.
In mid sentence I grabbed her chin and placed a kiss on her lips. I could tell I startled her because she tensed up. However, as I grabbed her waist and pulled her close to me. She stood on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around my neck.
Kai was short as hell but that didn't stop her. To give her more support she stepped on my feet. Still having to use the tiptoe strategy.
After a few more seconds she pulled away and looked at me in awe.
"Woo.. That escalated quickly." She mumbled. I chuckled.
I honestly I didn't expect to do that or for that to happen. I was supposed to pick her up. Discuss the issue. Drop her ass off. Go home and drink myself to sleep. That shit ain't happen though.
***
Kai Demoney 2:56 pm
What was I supposed to do with that? It was so unexpected. Was that his way of confessing his feelings to me? It's pretty backwards I can tell you that. Like give me the cold shoulder then kiss the hell out of me?
And I do mean he literally kissed the hell out of me. I am a complete angel after that.
I wonder what triggered it. What made him want to kiss me?
We made our way out of the building and to his car. I knew despite the kiss. It was a lot we still had to discuss.
"Wanna come to the hotel with me?" He asked as he pulled out of the lot I dreaded having to come back to in a few days.
"Sure, why not." I smiled.
He drove and we sat in complete silence. I was too indulged in my deep thoughts and I assume he was as well.
I thought about the future, the happily never after we could have had if I didn't kill his wife.
Kill..... I'm a murderer. How am I going to explain that to my baby.
"Whatchu thinking about?" He suddenly asked.
I shrugged. "Life." I mumbled.
"Ight so I ain't gon avoid the obvious elephant in the room." He started. "What you said really set me off on a whole other level."
"And I'm so sorry about-"
"Let me finish." I clasped my mouth shut. "The shit you said was true. I didn't know if it was my kid. It was just the thought of the possibility." He explained. "I don't want you apologize for shit because I was being insensitive. I knew Lano had to tell you about yo pops. To add onto that I got mad."
"Yea, but-"
"No damn but Kai. Just accept my apology and let's move on from this shit." In my head I'm think 'yes daddy.' But I quickly shook that thought away.

"Okay." I simply stated with a smile.
"Good. So how you been?"
I shrugged.
"I'm slowly falling apart, but I really don't want to talk about it. It's still fresh you know?" He nodded.
"Ight. I'm just checking on you."
After a few more minutes we pulled into his hotel. Well what they consider a hotel. It was a palace to me.
Jay had a penthouse suite. So it was almost as if he was in a condo.
"So have you started looking for places?" I asked as I took a seat on the couch.
"Yea, I'm in the process of moving my shit out of the house." I watched as he sat next to me and pulled out his phone.
"Here you can call Malano and your sister. They waiting on yo call." I took the phone and quickly dialed Mally's number. Yea I knew it by heart.
It seemed as if he answered on the first ring.
"Baby girl."
"Mally." And then came the waterworks. I cry so easily these days. This pregnancy stuff just really isn't fun.
"Why you crying?" He asked.
"I don't know." I sobbed.
He gave a relieved chuckled.
"When you coming home?"
I sniffed and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Maybe tomorrow. I have some things to talk to Jay about before I come."
"Oh ok. I'm waiting."
"So where's Kayden?" I asked.
"I had to take her back. Her doctor called and said it was time for her therapy. Sorry baby girl. I tried to keep her out as long as I could."
"It's fine. We can go see her tomorrow."
"Yea. I love you Kai." Then there it was again. I was crying.
"I love you too." He chuckled.
"Lil preggo turn off the waterworks." He joked.
I laughed a little.
"Shut up. I gotta go ok? See you tomorrow."
"Ight." I hung up the phone and handed it back to Jay. He took it and placed it on the coffee table in front of us.
"You hungry?" He asked.
I nodded and just like that I was crying again. He chuckled. "Why you crying now?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just going to pretend it's because you offered me food and that's a very thoughtful gesture." He nodded.
"Ima order room service." I nodded.
***
"It feels so good to be out ." I mumbled looking at the clock. It read 8:46 pm.
"I bet it is." Jay smiled. I'm happy he's forgiven me. But for now we're ignoring the fact that I might go to jail.
"You know I asked the doctor when movement might begin." I stated placing my hand on my belly.
"What he say?"
"That it's usually at 4 months. It will feel like butterflies in my stomach at first. But really it's the baby." He smiled and shifted on the bed. His head now facing my belly.
We hadn't talked much about the kiss. Which I didn't really mind.
I watched as he stared at my hard belly. It wasn't big nor was it flat. It was getting ready to take form.
He startled me a little when he placed his lips to my belly.

Jay honestly doesn't seem like the lovey dovey type, but he has clearly proved my allegations wrong.
He looked up at me for a second. Not saying anything. "You know how I told you I'm attracted to because of the sacrifice you making?" I nodded.

"It's true you know that?"
I smiled.

"I mean I never really thought about it. But now I know." He chuckled and climbed over me. I laid back as his large stature towered me. For a second he just sat there looking into my eyes.

He slowly leaned down and placed another kiss on my lips. It slowly turning into a complete make out session. I could feel his hand slowly traveling up my shirt. And I didn't even get the urge to stop him. But I didn't have to. His phone began to ring. I hoped he would ignore it.
But he didn't. "Hold on ma." He mumbled pulling away. He climbed onto the other side of the bed and grabbed his phone.

"Kelsey?" Who is Kelsey? I propped myself up on my elbows and watched as he began to panic. "Slow down Kels. He did what?"
"Where you at now?"
"Ight stay there tonight. I can catch a flight tomorrow morning up there."
"Calm down. You gon be Ight." Great....

Excuse any errors. Was too lazy to check. Enjoy.