7-The Solution

Kai Demoney February 7, 2015 2:30 pm

"I see here that you signed this the date of February 6th." I nod.

Acknowledging that she is stating the obvious. I am a little impatient as I want to know why Jay is so nonchalant about the situation we have found ourselves in. How could those people imply such a thing? Jay seems to not be bothered by it at all. His response was a simple "I'm used to it." He even explained to me how when he first married Danny, they implied that she was a stripper he married just for the hell of it. Those people -and their sadistic game of destroying lives- is quite pathetic. They make a living off of celebrities, downfalls.

I am also concerned with the fact that they make me look like a home wrecker. 'Never would I ever do such a thing. Especially if I have a boyfriend. It's so ignorant of them to imply such a thing.'

"Well everything seems to be in tack. You signed the documents. I just want to make sure you have read everything and you understand."

"I have and I do." She nods.

"Do you have any questions? Comments?"

I slightly bite my lip knowing there was one question I have to ask. "Yea, actually I do."

She folds her hands on top of her briefcase and gives me her undivided attention.

"Okay. What is your concern?"
I clear my throat.

"I need a little bit more of an explanation on the part of the agreement where it states that they want the child to know I am the biological mother. How would I be included? What must I do?"

"Well you will be referred to the child as a god parent. Where they will know you as the biological mother. All they ask is that you play the role of a godparent. That means showing up on special occasions such as holidays, events like graduations, and birthdays. You should also know that if something were to happen to the Cole family the child is automatically given to you. Where you will be set as the primary care giver."

I nod. "Is that part a problem for you?"

I give a faint smile. "No, I just needed a much more detailed explanation."

"Ok so will that be all?"

I nod. "Alright so skipping to your check."

I take a deep breath and sit upright in my seat. This is the part that matters the most. The moola!!

"On the date of February 7th 2015. You are being issued a check for the amount of 20,000 dollars. This is one of your 10 payment installments. Before I give you your check does the amount of 20,000 dollars sound correct to you?"

"Yes, ma'am." She smiles.

"Good." I watch as she opens her briefcase and pulls out a small piece of paper. Which I soon identify as a check.

"Congratulations you are 20,000 dollars richer." She reaches across the table and hands me the check.

"Thank you." Just as I am placing my check into my purse, Jay walks in with a smile spread upon his face.

"We all set?" He asks placing his hands in his pockets.

"Yes, we got everything thing done." His lawyer Mrs. Dylan answers.

"Thank you."

"No problem." She smiles and picks up her briefcase. "I will be in contact." I watch as she walks out the door. Leaving Jay and I alone.

"Is Kayden still watching tv?" I ask walking over to the couch. He nods.

"Yea, she comfortable. We talked for a lil while but then she just ignored my presence."