The Dance

Maddie's POV
"Have you decided what your going to wear tomorrow night?" Liv asked from her closet. "Willow and I thought it would be cool if we all wore similar dresses... But it's up to you."

"I'm not going with you guys."

"Wait what?" Liv said running out of her closet.

I put a piece of hair behind my hair. "I'm going with Diggie.."

"What about Josh?"

A single tear rolled down my face. "Josh told me to go with Diggie."

"Oh....okay." Liv replied. "Have you picked out something to wear?"

I picked up a pair of black and white sneakers. "This is as far as I've gotten."

"You want to borrow one of my dresses?" Liv offered while gesturing towards her closet.

"Sure, I guess."

~*~*~*~

Have you ever known you were doing the right thing, but you feel like it's not your destiny? Like you made the wrong decision.

I feel I should've fought for Josh.

But it's too late because I'm with Diggie now... I guess.

"Maddie! Diggie's here!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'll be there in a minute mom." I yelled back.

I walked up to my mirror and stared at myself. I adjusted hair and took a deep breath. "This is the right thing to do. Diggie and I never ended things. It's only fair to Diggie that I go with him." I exhaled then went downstairs.

Diggie's jaw dropped the moment his eyes set on me. "Maddie you look amazing." Diggie was wearing a dress shirt and jeans. And I wore a floral sun dress.

I slightly blushed. "Thanks."

"Shall we?" Diggie said offering me his hand to hold.

"We shall...I guess." I smiled a bit.

~*~*~*~

Once Diggie and I arrived at the dance, the tension began to increase between us.

"I'm so glad you picked me." Diggie winked and kissed my cheek.

I just smiled. I wasn't speechless I was just not knowing how to reply, I guess.

"Josh couldn't handle a relationship." Diggie passed me a glass of punch. "But that's okay, because I got you. If he can't handle the pressure of a girlfriend, that's fine."

I chuckled a bit.

"I'll take care of you better than he ever could." Diggie smiled then pulled me in close.

"He took care of me." I said quietly.

Diggie raised an eyebrow. "Maddie you don't need to stand up for him, he's not even here."

"I don't have to, but I'm going to." I pulled away from Diggie's embrace. "He took care of me when you left. He didn't care that I was still attached to you, he still cared for me."

"But did he really, or was he just in it to be your boyfriend?"

"Either way, he was wanting to care for me." I said. "That's what a boyfriends goal is, to care for there girlfriend. Put they're girlfriends feeling before yours."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying you aren't boyfriend material, because you never truly cared for me." I cried. "Diggie I'm sorry, I have to go."

Diggie stormed off.

I ran around the gym looking for Liv. "Liv?"

"Maddie hi!" Liv replied walking towards me leaving Holden alone in the middle of the dance floor.

"Can Holden drive me to Josh's place?" I asked in a panic.

"Sure... What about Diggie?"

"He's not for me."

~*~*~*~

I went to Josh's house and I couldn't find him. His mom greeted me at the door and said he wasn't there.

I walked back to the car. "Could you drive me back home?"

"Of course." Holden replied with a small smile on his face. "Sorry you couldn't find him."

"It's okay..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So, this is the second last chapter. I didn't realize the book was almost over 😢 I feel empty inside.

I hope you guys enjoyed the book. I really love writing these fanficitions and I love you guys for all your love and support towards all my books ❤️

I don't know what my next fanfic will be, but there will be one within the next month. Please recommend me some fanficitions ideas in the comments 💙

My next fanfic might be a Carnid (Carl and Enid) fanfic, but I don't know yet...