Memories

Maddie's POV
After yesterday's locker incident, I decided I needed a "me day" to let my brain process what happened the last two days.

My mom supported it but she still wants me to talk to her about it. I told her that I didn't feel like it. She understood and let me stay home anyway.

Liv on the other hand, wasn't overally supportive.

"Maddie. You can't just avoid Diggie and Josh. The longer you procrastinate dealing with it, the bigger the problem will get." Liv said with her arms crossed standing at our bedroom door.

I plummeted my face into my pillow. "But I don't want to go." I complained. "I just wanna stay in my bed where I belong."

"But Maddie, you can't do this to Josh and Diggie. This puts the same amount of stress on them as it does on you."

"Too bad, they'll be fine." I frowned. "Now leave I need time to cry... And think...but mostly cry."

Liv exhaled. "Alright bye Maddie." Liv turned around and went to open the door to leave. When she opened the door, Diggie was standing on the other side of it about to knock.

I jumped out of bed, fixed my hair, and put on my glasses. "Diggie? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"

"I should, but I didn't see you and I got worried."

"I'm gonna leave..." Liv said tip-toeing out the door.

"You don't have to worry about me." I said crossing my arms.

"But I do." Diggie smirked. "And you can't stop me from caring."

I giggled a bit but then returned to a stern look.

"I miss your laugh." Diggie smiled.

"Diggie..."

"Maddie, come on. Give me a chance to re-kindle our spark." Diggie said walking towards me.

I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear nervously. "I don't know Diggie."

"How about we go out for some ice cream, reminisce a little and catch up." Diggie suggested.

"Okay... I guess." I tried to hold back a smile.

~*~*~*~

"Remember when we worked here. I mean if that wasn't relationship goals I don't know what is." Diggie said as we walked into the Peppy Rainbow.

"It was kinda cute."

"We were cute." Diggie added trying to hold my hand as we were waiting in line. I kept avoiding it.

"What would you like to order?" The lady at the cash register asked.

"Two medium frozen yogurts please." Diggie said.

"What kinds?" The lady said grabbing two yogurt containers.

"Strawberry for me." Diggie said.

"I don't know I guess banana." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Coming right up." The lady then quickly poured the yogurts in the containers and put them in on the counter.

"Thank you." Diggie passed mine to me and put his arm around my waist and I squirmed away. "I'm sorry, I can walk you home now if you want."

"Okay, thank you Diggie." I said taking a bite from my yogurt.