Goodnight Peck

Maddie's POV
"Where did you go tonight?" Liv asked as I entered the bedroom.

"Josh's place."

Liv gasped. "Shame on you! Diggie is a great guys and you are ignoring..."

I interrupted Liv. "Diggie and I went on a break..."

Liv's jaw dropped. "I'm so sorry Maddie... I didn't know..."

"Josh saw me crying and he helped me get my mind off things." I suddenly felt my cheeks heat up. Luckily she didn't notice.

"That's so sweet of him. You two would make a super cute couple!" Liv gushed.

"I literally just met him today!"

"I know," Liv plugged in her phone. "I'm just saying you would look good together. You know, hypothetically."

I laughed.

~*~*~*~

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a knock at the door. Suddenly I heard footsteps running up the stairs. The footsteps stopped and my door flung open. "Maddie!" My mom yelled. "Josh is at the door for you."

"Okay?" I put on my glasses and walked downstairs with my slippers on.

"Text me the details!" My mom whispered before she shut her bedroom door.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door. "Hey Josh..." I trailed off. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to know when you're free to teach me how to play basketball?"

"You couldn't have just messaged me in the morning?" I suggested.

"Yah... I could've but you never gave me your number." He passed me his phone and I put my number in it.

"I'm free tomorrow after school... If that's okay with you?"

"I'd clear my schedule for you." I crossed my arms. "You know to teach me how to play. Basketball is a good thing to add onto my acting portfolio." Josh teased, I smiled.

"Sure sure."

"Oh!" He snapped his fingers and took out his phone. "I also forgot something else. I wanted to tell you something."

"What is it?" I chuckled. Josh gestured me in closer with his finger. I guess what he was going to tell me was a secret...? I leaned my ear in closer to him and he planted a kiss on cheek. He then snapped a quick photo before I pulled away. "Hey!"

Josh blushed. "I needed a photo so I knew that you were the Maddie on my phone. And I mean I wanted to remember this night." Josh opened the door. "Night Maddie." He then left.

I bit my lip. I can't stop smiling.