Chapter 23

"You have ten seconds to tell me where your sister is," the man roared, "Unless you want girlfriend here to have a bullet go through her brain!"

Fury shot through Brogan's veins. And then horror. Where was Amber? 

"Ten!" 

"I don't know!" Brogan choked, his eyes desperately searching for any escape. Ione looked utterly terrified, her mouth in a slight 'o'. Flicking his eyes back and forth for any means of escape, he inwardly groaned in frustration. 

Ione could feel the cold barrel of the rifle pressing hard against her head. 

Please, oh please, tell him! Ione thought, her mind in a frenzy whirl. Yet part of her hoped the Brogan wouldn't tell the man where this Amber was, though she had no idea who. If the man was willing to kill her for Amber, she must be a Mythara or something even more powerful. 

"Nine!" 

"China!" Brogan yelled, the first country that came to mind. 

"You're lying! Eight!" the man hissed.

Frantically, Brogan named random places off the top of his head, his mind in too much of a whirl to think up any tactical way to get out of  this mess. 

"Hungary! Germany! Bolivia! New Zealand!"

"Seven!" 

"I don't know!" he screamed. 

"Six! Tell me now!" The man yelled back. Pressing the gun harder onto Ione, who let out a terrified whimper. 

"I don't know!" Brogan was now hysterically frantic, he had no idea what could stop the man from shooting. He really didn't know, couldn't the man see he was serious? 

"Five!" 

"No! Please, no!" Tears were rolling down Brogan's face. 

"Four!" 

Violently, Brogan yanked at his bonds, causing a couple to snap at his sheer desperate force. 

"Three!"

"AGH!" Brogan yelled. 

Guards came rushing in and holding him down to the chair. 

"Two!" 

"Don't do this! Why?!" Brogan shouted, his voice two octaves higher in fear.

"One!"

The shot reverberated through the room. She didn't even have time to scream. Ione slumped forward in her chair and silver blood poured from the wound, all over her limp body. 

Stunned, Brogan sank back down into his chair, his mouth hanging wide open. First, nothingness. An empty hollow was left in his heart as if the man had shot him rather than Ione. Emptiness, emptiness, his one and only true Mythara friend was gone. Poof! Out of existence within a single pull of the trigger. Nothingness...Then utter fury.

"NO-!!" 

A/N: OMG, did I just kill off a character? :O ;P