Chapter 11

Ione leaped over a rock, doing a pirhouette that dancers would kill for. She disappeared over the other side with a whoop.

Brogan grimaced rather than laughed. In his mind he pictured Tanwyn, Dyrmian and Sphynx chained in some extremely high tech prison with laser beams all over the place. He sighed and clambored onto the rock, standing there for some time, and gazing out into the open. 

He was on the top of a steep mountain, almost a cliff. Dangerous and sharp rocks were several hundred feet below him.  Overlooking a small valley, the rock was large, with a small but sufficient ledge beneath him. Ione was also looking out, with one hand over her eyes to shade them from the sun. Green stretched out for miles and miles. Across from Brogan was another set of mountains, much higher than the one he was on now. At its tip was a small blanket of snow, almost like a tissue on somones very large nose.

With no fear of heights, he should've felt like the king of the world. Instead, he felt remorse, guilt even, and a deep sadness. The burden of missing Tanwyn was so great he thought he would die. Over the years, they had become close, very close. At first, it was slightly awkward, having never met each other before. It only took two months before they could converse freely, without fear of what they would say to the other. Tanwyn knew all there was to know about Brogan, and vice versa. 

"Brogan, come on!" Ione shouted, cupping her hands around her mouth to project her voice.

"Ione, I'm only several feet above you, and my ears are very sensitive," Brogan complained, dropping lightly down beside her. 

A/N: oh my chili peppers........it's been ages since I've written! I am so sorry! I'll try and update more these days, but I'm still kind of busy. I'm open to any ideas you might have or how you think the story will turn out, please let me know on my wall. I am so sorry! Feel free to remind me to update or if you just really want one! Thanks and sorry!

"Whatev', Brogan -ogan!" replied Ione cheerfully.

"Ione, how the...the..," Brogan faltered, searching for the right words.

"How the tomato," supplied Ione.

"Whatever!" Brogan cried, cupping his face in his hands. Emotions boiled over in his chest and his mind spun in frustration, confusion and anger. He glared at her. "How can you go on like this, not knowing where the tomato your Ewynne is? Where in the world you closest friend is? Where in the world that chunk of your life is? Where Dyrmian is?" Or Tanwyn, Brogan thought in his mind.

All traces of Ione's previously merry personnel disappeared. Glaring with her icy blue eyes at him, she spat, "Can't you see that I'm trying to think of a plan?"

"How?" he yelled, " By doing freaking ballet? By saying," he mimicked a high voice, " 'Oh, Brogan -ogan! Let's take a walk to the park'!' while our Ewynne are possibly even dead? How? How do you plan on getting them back?" Brogan was breathing hard now, his knuckles whitened as he clenched the rock beside him.

"Brogan! Shut the tissue box up!" shouted Ione. "You're not listening! I'm trying to-"

"A tissue box isn't a plant! " interrupted Brogan sharply, "And I'm not going to shut up or even move until you tell me where the heck we are going. You told me before that we were going to look for other Mythara! How do you even know where the other Mythara are? Sphynx said they were all dead. Why bother wasting our time?" 

"Brogan, I will seriously-"

"I don't care what the heck you do to me! All I care about right now is getting Tanwyn back and then going somewhere safe where we don't have to worry about this stupid man."

"I'm not telling you because-"

"Why aren't you telling me?" Brogan once again interrupted. 

"Can't you stop cutting in? I'm trying to tell you!" Ione screamed. 

"Tell me, instead of telling me why you can't tell me!" Brogan snapped.

Both of them were panting and sweat rolled off Brogan's forehead. Their eyes, green to blue, were in a dead-lock stare-down. 

Ione clenched her teeth and spoke in a deadly soft tone, "I'm going to tell you now only  if you swear you'll be-" Brogan lunged at her, his patience finally worn out. Who cares that he was about to hit a girl.  He slammed her into the rock behind and they tumbled off the ledge.