Chapter 3: Is Someone There?

(This picture is Katie.  ^.^)

At lunch, I pulled out my lunch bag and headed over to my corner. It's not like I don't have friends, but I tend to have a better time with ghosts then I do with humans.

"God," Jess said as she followed me.  "You are such a loser.  Don't you have any human friends?  You should find-"

Jess was interrupted by Katie, who waved me over and yelled,  "Hey Seth!  Over here!"  For a moment, I thought I saw Jess glare at her, but it must have been my imagination.

This got me a ton of stares as I awkwardly made my way over to her table.  "Y-yes?" I asked with a slight blush

"I wanted to talk about our movie," Katie said and my heart practically withered up and died.  Twice. So she didn't want to hang out with me.  "I was wondering if we could go after school tomorrow since it's going to be Friday.  We will go to the island till next Thursday since its spring break. Do you have movie equipment?"

I nodded and looked at the ground. My heart was just revived again. I was going to hand out with my crush for practically a week. Not to mention that it would be on a island.

"Good. I'll make the plot tonight.  They'll be romance, horror, and, of course, ghost."

Jess looked up and then at me.  "Ghost?" She asked with one eyebrow raised.  I ignored her.

"Sure.  Sounds good."  I said.

"Good.  Then we will leave right after.  For now, let's just eat." Katie said before going back to her own lunch, which was also homemade.

I grinned as I began eating my lunch and chatting with everyone.

And for a brief moment, I felt someone's eyes on me.  I looked behind me and saw nothing.  Jess gave me a confused look so I shrugged it off.  It was probably nothing.

But something in my mind told me that it was.

...

It was night and I was packing up my bag full of camera equipment and clothes while everyone was talking to me at once, begging to go.

"No," I said for about the one millionth time.  "You guys aren't going."

"Why?"  Max whined.  "I won't prank anybody.  I swear on my life."

"You don't have a life to swear on, so no."

My sister was reading a book with a puppy eye look. "Bro?  Why can't I go?" She asked in her cutest voice.

I came over and ruffled her brown hair.  "I'm sorry, Meery, but if there really is a ghost there, it might be violent and hurt you.  I can't live with myself if something happened to you.

Meery nodding.  "I understand."

"Well I don't care what you say, I'm going," said Jess.  I didn't even try to convince her other wise because she was the most stubborn person I know.

"What?!  If she goes, then why can't I?" Max asked.

"Because someone needs to take care of Meery." I replied in a serious tone. If that stare was something, then it might cause unwanted attention if it means harm.

Meery looked up.  "Why can't mommy and daddy take care of me?" She asked.

Max sighed and went over to Meery.  "Cause they are busy right now." He said, though he also knew the truth as well.

I put the last of my things in my backpack and set it down by my bed.  "Okay, guys, I'm going to sleep.  Bye and goodnight guys."

Jess nodded and waved before leaving the room by going through the open window.  She still hated the fact that she was a ghost and often tries to hide everything but her strength. 

Max said bye and went through the wall and Meery waved.

"Bye bro!" She sung out before following max into the wall.

I stood there for a moment as I held back my tears when I felt the presence again.  Right then and there, I was sure.

Someone was stalking me.