Chapter 12: Sleepover

The next day, Katie had told us that we shouldn't shoot the movie since the tragedy had happened and instead solve the case.  She wanted revenge, anyone could tell you that.  You could just see it in her eyes.

"First off," Katie announced after everyone had arrived in the living room.  "We need to figure out why the murderer decided to kill Melody.  Any ideas for possibilities?"

"I know!" Yelled juliann.  "She was probably a secret agent, and the other spy needed her dead!"

Katie nodded, though you could tell that she did not believe that idea for a second.

"Ok..." She said.  "Any other ideas?"

I shrugged.  To be honest, I didn't have a clue either, but what I did know was that I was probably going to find out tonight.

Katie sighed.  "You guys are hopeless, but whatever!  I had decided that we need to be together at all times so avoid the chance of getting killed."

"At all times...?" I asked.  If that happens, then I can't go to the warehouse tonight!

"Yea, that's what I said.  And the only way to do that is..."  She looked over to her friend and smirked.  My eyes widened.  What devious plot did they cook up now?

"A sleepover!" They both yelled.

Jess face palmed before coming over to me and putting a hand on my shoulder. "Good luck," she said as she disappeared.

A slumped back in my chair.

Just kill me already.

Again...

...

A few hours later, the sun had already set as I thought of ways to get out of this.  I got sick?  Bathroom?  Just make a run for it?

Katie and juliann had already set up the sleeping bags and the DVD player that was hooked to to a giant television.  I gulped as I got into my own sleeping bag and waiting for the movie to start.

The movie was, as you would suspect, a ghost flick.  Katie got in the bag next to me in the middle and juliann on the other side.  They turned off the lights and put the movie in.  I glared at the TV as I slightly prayed and begged for it not to start. 

And then, the power went out.

Inside, I thanked the gods before realising that even if I was a half ghost, I know I can't control electricity, and even if I did, I can feel when I use my powers.

So someone else had to of cut the power.

"The back up generators haven't kicked in yet..."  Katie's voice said.  It was too dark to even see her.  "This is bad."

I frowned.  She's right.  I can't control electricity, and even if I did, I would have felt my powers.  That means...

The killer was probably nearby.

I was about to say something when someone covered my mouth and dragged me out into the hallway.  I tried to scream and thrash, but I could get away.

"Shut up, you idiot.  What if the girls hear you?" A familiar voice hissed in my ear.  He let go as I turned around.

Ben.

"Ben?!" I whispered.  "Where you the one who cut the power?"

"No," ben replied.  He was panting in the darkness like he just ran a lot. "this gives us a chance to go?  Come on."

But what about the girls, I thought to myself. We can't just leave them with the murderer. I was about to resist when we both heard a voice from behind us.

"Gives you guys a chance to go where?" Asked Katie.