Chapter 22

I wake up in the hospital. The nurse is standing over me, messing with the machine that I'm hooked to. She finally realizes that I'm awake and smiles at me.
"Well hello there Demetree."
" Hey?"
" You are in the hospital at Cambridge Prison Facility. You were brought here because you were in what looks like a shoot out. Do you remember any of this?"
" Um, am I under arrest?", I ask weakly.
" I'll send an officer in to tell you more."
   " Okay."
   She leaves out and an officer comes in. He's tall, white, and he looks like a complete asshole. He looks at me straight-faced and begins to speak.
   " Ms. Demetree McCall?"
"Yeah?"
" I am officer Bryant. You are under the arrest for the death of a Mr. Damien Wallace and a Mr. Jamal Lewis.. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or-.."
As he continued to read me my rights I just stared at him in shock. Damien is dead which happened in front of me but Jay didn't make it either?..
" Ma'am.. Ma'am!"
" Huh?"
" Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you..?"
" Yes but-"
" You will be staying in here until your bullet wounds have healed and they release you to a cell. You will remain cuffed to this bed until an officer comes to get you."
He walks over and cuffs my wrist to the bed. My other arm lays wrapped up beside me.
" Woah! What the fuck is going on? I didn't kill anybody! I swear on everything I love! Don't I get to tell what happened?", I scream out as he starts to walk away.
" In a few, an officer will come finger print you and get your mug shots. We have all of the things that were in your possession when we picked you up. We found two guns on you. The bullets that we found in both bodies match one of the guns found on your person. You have no permit and unless you have proof of someone else being involved, I can't help you.."
He starts walking away again.
" Motha fucka do you think I shot my fucking self in the back? How the fuck y'all gone pin this on me! This is some fucking bullshit! Fuck y'all yo! Fuck 12!", I scream as loud as I can, ignoring my pain.
He disappears..
How the fuck am I gone get out of this one? Damn, do I even get a phone call? That's two fucking murders! That's got to be life in prison. Aint no way I'm doing life for this shit! There has to be a way out.....God help me..