Chapter 8

They take Omar outside and Ana stays with me.
" I'm really sorry I caused this.", she says looking down.
" It's not your fault, he's just an asshole."
" Oh my gosh, your face..Come on."
She gets my hand and takes me to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and then I realize that most of the blood on the floor has to be mine. I spit blood in the sink and I stand there for a minute looking at the damage. She gets a face cloth and wets it. She starts cleaning the blood from my nose, and lip. I look down at my hands and start washing the blood off of them.
She gets my first aid kit and wraps my knuckles and puts a bandaid over a cut by my eye.
"Are you okay?"
" Yeah, I'm good. This shit just fucked up. I have no where to go now."
" I would say you can come to my place but my cousins be trippin' and there is already no space. Let me see if I can find somebody that will let you stay for a little bit. Hold on baby."
She walks off and starts typing on her phone. I start packing my clothes and some other stuff I'll need. Ana comes back in my room.
" Okay baby. Just bring what you need, I have somebody who's going to help you out. He's like a brother to me. He'll look out for you. Don't worry about him trying you either; he's gay."
" Alright, thanks.."
I get my stuff, lock my bedroom door, and go to my car. Omar and his friends are smoking a blunt. I look up and he's staring me down. He has dried blood on his nose and knuckles and his tank top is ripped and bloody.
I guess he got more punches but I held my own. I had to change shirts before I left out. He had ripped half of the buttons off of my shirt and tore my pocket. I am highly heated.
I get in my car and I follow behind her. We pull up to this two story house and a man comes to the door. He's wearing a tank and sweat pants. He doesn't look like the average gay, black, male. He comes off as straight.
I walk up to the door with my bags. He grabs one.
" What's up my name is Jamal."
" Dee."
" Nice to meet you. Come on in. Make yourself at home."
His voice isn't very deep but not feminine at all. He gives off a chill vibe so I guess I can kick it here for a little bit.
I explain what went down and he reaches for Ana's hand and pops her.
"You know that was wrong ma'am."
" I know but she's just so damn fine though.", she says biting her lip and looking at me up and down, which kind of turns me on.
" Well she's not gone be for long unless we stop that swelling and bruising."
He goes to the kitchen and brings back an ice pack in a hand towel. I put it on my face. He goes and gets a tall bong and sits it in front of me on the table. He hands me a lighter.
" Here. Have at it."
" I appreciate it."
I take a few rips while he rolls a blunt.
" Look babe, Jay can hook you up and help you make some quick money so that you can get your own place.", Ana says, packing a bowl.
" Oh for real? What would I have to do?"
" Well I own this lgbt strip club. We have gay nights, where we have gay males stripping and performing and we have lesbian nights. We gets studs up there, fems and stems..and I think that the ladies would love to see you up there. You could be bringing in a thousand a night.", Jordan says.
" Yeah, I just started working there Saturday and I've already been bringing in bank.", says Ana and then she lights the bowl.
" And you can also sell for me if you want to. I have a weed garden down in my basement. I grow my own special kind of weed and I got a couple people selling for me."
" Damn, you just big ballin' huh?", I laugh.
" I try haha."
" Alright, word. I'll work for you. I still want to go to school though so I'll have to fit that in but I got you."
" Alright then. Blaze up!"
He hands me a bag of weed and I pack the bong. We burn the rest of the night.