Chapter 22

Summer woke up and looked at TJ who was staring at her. "Good morning beautiful." TJ smiled.

"Good morning handsome." Summer smiled.

Melody soon came in. "I'm hungry what's for breakfast."

TJ smiled. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Something yummy." Melody said.

Summer laughed. "How about you go clean up your room and we'll head down to make breakfast. We'll call you when it's ready."

"Okay mom." Melody said as she left the room.

TJ sat up and grabbed his boxers off the floor. He slipped them on and grabbed a pair of shorts and slipped on his Tshirt. Summer got up and slipped something on quickly. Making their way downstairs TJ  made oatmeal with strawberries and Summer poured them each a glass of milk.

"Melody breakfast is ready." Summer yelled.

Melody soon came down the stairs.

"Looks yummy." Melody said as she climbed into her chair and started to eat.

TJ and Summer sat down. They all ate breakfast together. That was until TJ's phone rang. TJ jumped up and grabbed his phone off the counter. It was a number he didn't recognize. He remembered what he told Avery. Answering it he said hello. On the other end TJ could hear crying.

"Avery is that you?" TJ said with concern.

Summer stood up. "Melody honey why don't you go call your daddy see if he can come pick you up right now." Summer said as she handed her phone to Melody.

Melody went upstairs to call her dad.

Summer stood next to TJ. She grabbed his hand.

"I need to get go over!" TJ slammed his phone on the counter.

He opens the front door to see Melody's dad standing there. "Hey what's going on?" He stepped out of the way of TJ.

"Something's going on with his kids. Can you take Melody? I need to go with him." Summer said.

"Do you need me to come with?" He asked.

"No. Just look after Melody. I'll stop over after." Summer said.

"Okay I hope everything is alright." He said.

Summer jumped into the car as TJ was backing out.

"What's going on babe?" Summer asked.

"He was crying." TJ said.

"You don't think?" Summer asked.

"I don't know what to think." TJ said as he continued to drive over to Carla's house.

Summer squeezed his hand as Carla's house came into view. Putting the car in park he jumped out. He banged on the door. Summer got out and started to the porch.

The door opened and Luther was standing there.

"What the fuck are you doing here freak?!" He raised his voice.

"Where is my son?" TJ asked.

"Why the fuck does it matter? He's on Carla's time not yours." Luther said.

"Dad!" Avery cried out.

TJ shoved Luther out of the way and went inside.

"Avery!" TJ shouted.

"I didn't say you could fucking come in here." Luther said as he grabbed TJ by the back of his shirt.

TJ turned and punched Luther. Luther came back swinging but TJ ducked them off. He then came up with an upper cut knocking Luther to the ground.  Racing inside and up the steps TJ called out for Avery again.