Chapter 11

After finishing their dinner TJ cleared off the table. Summer drank the rest of her wine and put the glass in the sink. 

"Thanks for dinner that was wonderful." TJ said.

"You're welcome. I kind of remembered when you ordered it at work." Summer said. "You kept telling me how good it was."

"I think yours was better." TJ smiled.

Summer smiled back. "That's sweet of you."

That night Summer and TJ talked. They talked about everything from the kids to work to the surgery and the hormones. 

"I should probably get to bed." Summer stood up.

"Sleep with me?" TJ asked.

Summer stared at TJ she wanted to sleep with him but not the way he was wanting to. She knew she couldn't do that with him not until after bottom surgery.

"Alright." Summer said.

TJ followed Summer up the stairs. That night TJ laid awake as Summer snored slightly next to him. He kept thinking about the kids and of course Summer. They gotten closer. TJ was fallen in love with Summer but hasn't even kissed her yet or even knew if she actually felt the same. For all he knew is that Summer thought of him as her best friend. 

The next few days passed by quickly. TJ was soon back at the doctors get the tubes taken out. The scars were healing nicely and TJ was getting feelings in his pecks. Summer stood in the room as TJ stood in front of her with no shirt on.

Swallowing Summer cleared her throat. "I'm going to get get some fresh air." Summer said softly.

Dr. Sonja looked at TJ. "You still haven't told her yet?"

"No." TJ frowned. "The custody." TJ sighed.

"TJ I hate to say this cause like I love you as your doctor and friend but if you don't tell her she may get tired of waiting." Dr. Sonja said. "Or someone else could come along."

"I know. The custody is two days from now." TJ said.

Summer came back into the room. "Alright I feel a little better now." Summer said.

Just then TJ's cell phone rang. "Excuse me." TJ said as he stepped out into the hallway.

"So how has he been doing hormone wise?" Dr. Sonja asked Summer.

"Good." Summer said. "He's great."

"You like him don't you?" Dr. Sonja questioned.

"What's not to like? His eyes, that body, his lips, his laugh and his voice." Summer smiled. " His body is so fit."

"Look, why haven't you told him?" Dr. Sonja questioned.

"I know this custody is important to him. He loves his kids and I don't want to risk him not getting a chance to see the kids. I mean he did ask me to come with him. I really want him to know. It's just finding the right way to manage it." Summer said.

TJ came back.  "That was the judge they are moving the hearing to right now." TJ said. "I wasn't ready for this. I can't do this."

"Don't worry I know you got this. You love those kids and they love you." Summer said.

They said goodbye to Dr. Sonja and headed over to the court house. 

"I'm scared." TJ said.

"Don't be. I will be there with you and you know the kids love you." Summer said. 

TJ sat in silence as they got to the courthouse. Heading inside TJ reached over and grabbed Summer's hand. Summer melted as she felt the warmth of his hand. She gave it a light squeeze to reassure him that she was there. 

Walking into the courtroom with Judge Lovecchio. Carla was sitting there with Luther Vander. His smug smile irritate TJ. TJ sat down next to Summer. She held his hand as the Judge started. 

"We are here today to find out who should be granted custody of the kids Avery and Amelia. Carla Mitchel why don't you come up here and get started." Judge Lovecchio said.

Carla took a seat in the witness spot. Her lawyer started asking questions like what did the kids like to do, to what they liked to eat, and what their favorite tv show is. Carla spoke of that and then she dissed TJ.

"Tamara is their mother. They know Tamara and not this person that is here. They don't know that. They don't understand and I can't have them being around that." Carla stated.

Dismissing Carla, Luther went up next. "I'm the kids' father. I took care of them. I love them like my own. I don't think Tamara is even a man to step up to the plate like I have."

Summer could see the broken look on TJ's face. It hurt TJ she could tell by that. 

Then went up was Carla's mother Augustine. August as she preferred to be called cleared her throat and talked about what a wonderful mother Tamara was. The look on Carla's face was priceless. Carla frown and glared at her mother. 

"Don't get me wrong I love my daughter but I think the kids deserve to have both parents in their lives and not just one." August said as she got up. "By the way Tamara you look good."

The Judge looked over his scribbled notes and called up TJ. His hands were sweaty as he slowly let go of Summer's hand. Sitting down in front of everyone TJ spilled his heart out. "I love those kids. I know how much they love when I cook eggs or take them to school in my truck. I know how much my son as grown attached to Summer. I also took Avery to work with me when Carla wasn't able to. Summer was understanding and even took us out for lunch. Avery got to meet Melody a girl his age. I know I may not be a man in some people's eyes." TJ cleared his throat. "But I am a man in the eyes of the people that matter to me." TJ made eye contact with Summer. His heart pounded he loves his kids and will continue to fight for them. TJ got off the stand and went to sit back down next to Summer.

"Is there anyone else Mr. Olsen?" Jude Lovecchio asked TJ.

TJ went to answer but Summer stood up. "May I, Your Honor?" Summer asked.

Judge Lovecchio nodded his head. Summer walked up and took a seat. 

"The time I have known Avery I seen how he acts with TJ. When TJ was in for surgery that boy knew Tamara wanted to be TJ for he asked if he had to call TJ dad. To be honest my heart melted. I also seen how TJ panicked when Avery left his office and came to mine because he needed help with homework and didn't want to disturbed TJ. I haven't gotten the chance to meet Amelia besides the few interactions at the house and seeing that little girl act with TJ. TJ makes a good father." Summer said. "Those kids love him and I love him."

Carla stood up. "You are a fucking whore."

The Judge stood up. "Ms. Mitchel sit down!" The Judge ordered.

Carla took a seat. TJ leaned over and grabbed her hand again.  

"After much consideration I do not see why TJ isn't allowed to see his kids. I am ruling that TJ is allowed to see his kids for the summer and on weekends. While Carla gets them during the school year and on weekends in the summer. If there's a problem with this let me know now." Judge Lovecchhio said.

"No I don't have no problem with that your honor." TJ said.

"I don't want my kids to go with her." Carla cried.

"If you don't like this I can take them away from you completely and they will just be a part of Mr. Olsen's life and not yours. Is that what you want?" Judge Lovecchio asked.

"No it's not what I want." Carla frowned.

"Mr. Olsen if Ms. Mitchel decides that she doesn't want to allow you to see your kids you can call the local police department and the kids will be given to you and if she wants to continue her bullshit she can lose custody altogether." Judge Lovecchio said.