Chapter 7

"I want to be called Tobias Jay Olsen." Tamara said.

Summer smiled. "That is a wonderful name but I would like to call you TJ." 

"I like that." Tamara smiled.

Just then the door bell rang again. Tamara went to answer it.

"Reed, I wasn't expecting you until later." Tamara said to Reed.

"Girl, you know I change my plans all the time. We need to discuss Bitchy Carla." Reed said as she walked into the place. Reed saw Summer and smiled. "I didn't realize you had company." 

"Yes this is Summer." Tamara said.

"A gorgeous woman with a very beautiful name." Reed smiled.

Summer stood up. "Maybe I should go so you two can talk."

"Reed can you give us a moment?" Tamara asked.

"I left something in the car anyways." Reed said as she went back out the door.

"I don't want you to go." Tamara said. 

Summer stepped closer to Tamara. "Look maybe it's for the best I go. You two got a lot to talk about and I don't want to pry." Summer frowned.

"I don't want you to go." Tamara said again. "I want to drink more beer with you and get to know you. Plus it shouldn't take long with Reed."

"She's hitting on me." Summer said. "I don't like it."

"Why don't you like it?" Tamara raised an eyebrow.

Because I like you Summer thought. "I am pansexual but she's just not attractive to me."

"Pansexual?" Tamara asked making sure that she heard Summer right.

"Yes I'm pansexual." Summer smiled.

"You like anyone pretty much." Tamara said.

"Yes but the thing is I have to be attracted to them." Summer said.

Soon Reed cam back in. Summer down the rest of her beer. Tamara sat down with Reed and went over a possible custody case. 

"She's going to try to prove that you are unfit." Reed said.

"I can verify for him. I see how he is with Avery." Summer chimed in.

Tamara looked over and smiled. 

"It may come down to that." Reed said. "Are you up for it?"

"Yes I'm up for it." Summer said.

 Hours passed and Reed stood up. "I don't have anything farther. But if anything happens I will let you know. Try to stay away from Carla unless you really have to be near her. I don't want you to lose the kids. I know how much they mean to you. I hope you have a good night. By the way Summer are you single?"

"Reed." Tamara glanced at her friend.

"I have my eyes on someone else." Summer said.

Tamara looked at summer. Summer never mentioned anyone.

"Oh well if you change your mind, you know how to get a hold of me." Reed smiled.

Summer just shrugged it off. Tamara walked Reed to the door. 

"Have a good night try and get some rest." Reed said. "Don't let this get to you. I will do all I can to make sure that your apart of the kids' lives."

"I know you will Reed. You are one of the best." Tamara said.

Reed got into her car and pulled away. Tamara went back to Summer.

"I got another beer." Summer said as she held it up.

"You know I can't let you drive home." Tamara said.

"I can take a cab." Summer said.

"No I'm not going to ask you to do that." Tamara said. "I got a spare room in which you can sleep in."

"I appreciate the offer. Are you sure about that?" Summer asked.

"Of course I am sure." Tamara said.

"I just don't want to make you uncomfortable." Summer said.

"How would you make me uncomfortable?" Tamara asked.

"I don't know." Summer laughed.

"Alright, we can watch a movie. Eat some more and drink until we get drunk since there is no work tomorrow." Tamara said.

"I would like that. Are you sure I'm not going to be a problem?"  Summer asked.

"No not at all." Tamara smiled.

Summer felt relaxed as she opened another beer. She even managed to scoot closer to Tamara. She wanted to tell Tamara the truth. That she liked her but how could she say that to her?

Tamara noticed that Summer scooted closer she didn't say a word as she opened another drink. Putting on the movie Tamara saw Summer's hand just inches from her own. She thought about holding it but didn't know what Summer would think. Plus she also had to think about Carla and what she's going to do if she were to find out. She can't risk losing the kids. Even though she knows that Avery likes Summer. Tamara missed tucking in the kids at night. It wasn't the same with out them and Tamara sudden became terrified that she's going to lose them.

"Are you okay?" Summer noticed that Tamara had a look on her face like she was about ready to cry.

"No I'm not." Tamara said. "I am so afraid of losing the kids it terrifies me. What would I do without them???"

"I know babe. I understand." Summer said. Then she realized she called Tamara babe.

Tamara smiled. She didn't know why she was liking Summer but the thought of liking someone other then Carla terrified Tamara.