Chapter 10

Once home Summer helped TJ inside. TJ took a seat on the couch. His body ached. He kept thinking about the court date. He has only got to see the kids on supervised visits with a court appointed woman. It wasn't the same. The whole time TJ felt like he was being judged. 

"Summer?" TJ said as Summer went off into the kitchen.

"Yes." Summer said.

"I was wondering if on the day of the court date for the kids that you will come with me?" TJ asked.

"I would do anything for you." Summer smiled. "I will just have to see if Melody's dad could keep her for an extra day or two."

"I couldn't ask you to do that though." TJ said.

"None sense he would love the extra time with her. We have an agreement where if something happens and he needs someone to watch her then I do and it's the same way for me as well. He may have been a lousy boyfriend but he is a good father." Summer said. "His new girlfriend whipped him in shape that's for sure."

"If your okay with it? I really need someone to be there. I can't face Carla alone." TJ said.

"I kind of already interacted with Carla." Summer frowned. 

"What do you mean?" TJ asked.

"I went to get a drink while you were in surgery. Avery came over to me and hugged me. Asked me what I was doing at the hospital and I told him that I was waiting for a friend to get out of surgery. He said I hope it goes well. Then he said he misses you but called you mom at first then was like I'm sure he wants to be called dad." Summer said. "That's one smart boy you got. He said Amelia was sick and that's why they were out there. I told him he should probably get back to his mom so she didn't worry. As soon as I said that she came around the corner looking for him. She told him to go back with his uncle. Then she looked at me and pretty much asked if I was fucking you."

"Wow." TJ said.

"She kept calling you a her which I corrected her on." Summer said. "I hoped that I didn't over step in any way."

"No you didn't. But what did you say what she asked if you were fucking me?" TJ asked.

"I said that I wasn't at least not yet. Which apparently that pissed her off for she liked groaned and walked away." Summer smiled.

TJ smiled at Summer's answer. He wanted to probe more at it.

"How about I cook us something to eat. We can talk or watch a movie or something." Summer said.

"Sounds good to me. I'm going to go put a chest binder on." TJ stood up slowly.

"Let me know if you need any help." Summer smiled.

"Will do." TJ said as he headed up the stairs.

Once upstairs he picked out a black one from his dresser. TJ took off his shirt to see the drain tubes. He emptied them and put them back. He looked at his chest. Once the scars and swelling went down he was going to have a great looking chest. TJ thought about it and finally yelled for Summer. He knew he could get it on without a problem but her had to see how Summer would react.

"Everything okay?" Summer asked as she stuck her head in the door.

"I could us a hand in putting this on." TJ said as he held up his chest binder.

Summer stared at the back of TJ. Her heart thumping as she walked over to him. "I would love to help." Summer said as she took it from him. 

TJ slowly turned around and Summer continued to stare into TJ's eyes. She wondered if he could hear her heart beat. It was beating loud. Her hands trembled as she slipped it onto TJ. TJ grabbed her hands to calm her from trembling. He wondered why she was so worked up. Was something wrong? Did he do something?

"Is everything okay?" TJ asked.

"Yeah it's fine." Summer smiled as she slowly did the buttons her eyes glancing down at TJ's abs. Smiling she looked up. "Everything is fine."

"You would tell me if something was wrong wouldn't you?" TJ asked with raised eyebrows.

"Of course I would." Summer said. "I need to get back to dinner so it don't burn."

Summer turned and walked out. TJ stared at her ass. Frowning TJ wanted the trail to hurry up and get here. He had to be able to see his kids so he could tell Summer the truth. 

TJ walked down the stairs to see that Summer was already dishing out their dinner onto plates. It was something easy and one of TJ's favorites, cheeseburgers with fried onions. Summer poured a beer for TJ and wine for herself. Sitting down TJ looked at Summer. He knew he didn't want this night to end.