Chapter Thirty-Three

A/N: Hello! So, I'm updating pretty quickly because this point of the fanfic is taking a long time to write about. Lol :p

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: PREDICAMENT

I suddenly awoke with a soft groan; finding myself cozily tucked in bed yet with no Harry beside me. Confused, I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes – letting out a quiet "Ugh" as I realised that my headache was still there.

"Hey girl," A voice came from my bedside, "had a nice sleep?"

I gasped and jumped at the sound; jerking my head to the right urgently to see who the hell was here. However, I then sighed in relief as I saw that it was only Liam – sitting in a chair beside me and smiling.

"Liam..." I began quietly, "where's...where's Harry..?"

"He still had some work to do on the fence. He asked me to keep an eye on you – since I don't really have much to do now that Farlan's back on his feet again," he replied, "how are you? Harry told me you weren't feeling too hot today, and that's why he brought you back to bed."

"He's right," I stifled a groan and massaged my temples, "I feel like crap today. You see, first I woke up with this killer headache and then-"

"Yeah. I know. Harry told me all that too. The headache, the vomiting...et cetera, et cetera. Anything else been happening to you today, love? Anything that's contributing to this crap feeling?"

"Mhmm," I nodded, "I feel really tired, and my back hurts like a bitch. I think it's the...flu, or something,"

"Maybe," Liam stroked his chin thoughtfully, "have you taken any medicine?"

"Yeah. Two aspirin pills. Just before I...threw up. I don't get it, I...it should've taken effect by now..." I rubbed my forehead irritably.

"So you threw up right after you took them? Before they could reach your system?"

"Uh...yeah, I guess so..." I said slowly.

"That's probably why, then," Liam replied matter-of-factly.

"Oh," I bit my lip, "so...what? Do I take more, or-?"

"Er...no, actually. I wouldn't recommend it."

"Why not?" I frowned, "It's the only thing that'll help me, right?"

"Yes, well, you're not necessarily supposed to take it without a doctor's approval. And besides, it's not exactly the only thing that can help you. There's also paracetamol. It's nowhere near as risky as aspirin. I'd say that you stick to paracetamol for now. But, just until we find out what's really going on with you."

"What...do you mean by that?" I asked him carefully.

"There could be plenty of reasons why you're feeling this way...it doesn't necessarily lead straight to the flu. I felt your forehead earlier. You didn't feel feverish at all."

"Well...maybe it's just taking a while to...settle in..?" I guessed.

"Perhaps..." he seemed to be almost talking to himself, "unless..."

"Unless..?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Pardon me for asking this so bluntly, but...have you & Harry had unprotected sex recently?"

I was completely taken aback by his question.

"Excuse me?!" My jaw dropped, "What's it to you?!"

We were interrupted by a quiet knock on the door, and as we turned towards the noise, the door opened by a crack, and Harry came into the room.

"I heard voices," he said before smiling at me, "hi, baby. You feeling better?"