Chapter Thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY: REPLENISH

Harry

"Sheesh," Max made a face as he looked around the broken, battered town that was Lochpine, "this place is a dump. No wonder Laura left."

"She left because some of the worst moments of her life happened to her here," I said defensively, "not because the place is a damn shithole."

"So where is this medicinal haven, then?" asked Drake – clearly trying to change the subject, "you think the meds'll still be intact?"

"They've got to be," I said, "the only people who know the code to the alarm system are me, Laura & the previous pharmacy owners who either ran away long ago or are dead."

"How much is left of the stash?" Max chimed in.

"We still left behind a lot. There were far too many for only two people to carry," I replied.

"What about three people?" Drake rose an eyebrow.

I shrugged. "We might be able to grab the rest of it. Hopefully we can."

"So hey, here's a question," Max interrupted again, "what do you expect us to do once we use up everything this pharmacy has to offer? Where are we gonna get meds then?"

"We won't have to worry about that until we start running low again," I said, "don't cause yourself unnecessary stress by worrying about things too early."

"I still can't believe Mako did that," Drake sighed, "the fuck was she thinking, stealing all our meds?"

"She wanted to do everything in her power to help her friend get better. I get it," I sighed, "I just wish she asked me first."

"Mako doesn't ask. She just takes," said Max.

"Fair point," Drake agreed with a nod, "so hey, Haz...I think you mentioned before that there are condoms in that pharmacy?"

"Yes..." I began slowly, "I did,"

"Sweet," Drake said with a smile.

I secretly rolled my eyes at him before moving on. "Stop getting distracted from the task at hand," I told him, "no more chit-chat. We need to get moving."

***

"How the fuck are you supposed to maneuver around this thing?" Max asked as he stared at the military plane that had crashed into the middle of the building.

"You walk around it?" Drake asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"But it's huge! Look at it!"

"Just duck under the wing and walk around the body," I said, "it's as simple as that."

In order to demonstrate I did exactly as I instructed; dipping my head to walk under the wing and moving around the body of the plane. Max & Drake quickly followed suit.

"The back room's just in here," I told them as I placed my hand on a doorknob and turned it slowly.

I opened the door by a small crack while holding my pistol close to me – just in case. After quickly darting my eyes around the room; I saw that it was safe, and I nodded and Max & Drake before entering. The room was just as I remembered it – and to my extreme relief I saw that the meds room was still locked up tight. I then turned towards Max & Drake.

"You two keep watch while I open up the meds stash," I instructed them, "you never know what's gonna pop up in a world like this."

They both nodded and began to patrol the room; and I moved towards the locked door to the meds stash while getting out the key Laura gave me before I left. I unlocked the door and quickly moved to the left where the alarm system was – punching in the code 5-6-3-6 and being met with a quiet beep of approval.