Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Lots of time-skipping (***), sorry! <3

CHAPTER NINETEEN: STRANGERS

"Are you sure you don't want to use this?" I asked Harry as I opened the empty wooden trunk at the end of his bed.

He shook his head. "It's all yours, love,"

"Where are you gonna put all your stuff?"

He walked over to a wooden cabinet and pulled the doors open; revealing all his stuff arranged neatly on each available row.

"I don't have that many things, so they all fit into this little cabinet here," he said, "that trunk has way too much space. You'll be able to fill it up much easier than I ever will," he winked at me.

"If you're sure..." I bit my lip.

"Babe, this is your place too. Of course you get your equal share,"

"And you're really happy with me staying here?" I raised my eyebrows.

He smiled before coming over to kiss my lips gently. "Couldn't be happier,"

I giggled as he rested his forehead against mine. "I guess this is what moving in together is like in a zombie apocalypse,"

"I guess so," he chuckled, "but the main thing is that we can be together every night now,"

"Exactly," I wrapped my arms around his neck before letting my hands snake up and disappear into his hair, "I can't wait,"

"Neither can I," He whispered to me before kissing my forehead and pulling away to grab his jacket.

***

"OK, conference time," Harry was saying as we all gathered around the mess table, "guys – how's it going with the new cabin for Vivienne & Alex?"

"All done & dusted, boss," said Drake, "all we need to do is transfer Viv's bed in there and she can move in whenever she wants,"

"Have we come up with any more ways to help Alex feel more comfortable at night?" I chimed in.

"Er...all we've thought of so far is find a box and line it with blankets and stuff to use as a type of cot for him, but..." Hailee bit her lip, "...I highly doubt it'd help him feel even a little comfortable,"

"It'd be best if we find a real cot," Vivienne spoke up, "I mean, don't get me wrong – I love sleeping with Alex, but...it gets cramped sometimes,"

"Alright, that's an easy fix," said Harry, "first thing tomorrow we'll start scavenging town for more building supplies, and try to build Alex a proper crib to sleep in," he looked around the group, "anybody have any experience in that?"

"Uh, kinda?" Louis raised his hand, "When Eric was a baby I had to make a few improvements to the cot we bought him because it wasn't really that comfy, but, er...never built one from scratch though,"

"We'll take what we can get," Harry sighed, "it'd be handy if someone was good at architectural drawing," he muttered under his breath.

"OK, look. You lot built all these bed frames, yeah? It'll be a lot like that – just smaller with higher walls," I said, "and you guys just built a small cabin without blueprints so...I don't see what's so hard about building a frame for a baby crib,"

"She's got a point," mused Niall, "we've literally winged it everytime we've had to build something based on what we've seen & remember from the pre-apocalyptic life,"

"There you go," I waved my hands dismissively, "problem solved. No need for architectural drawings,"

Harry smiled at me and nodded in agreement before facing the rest of the group. "OK – anything else we need to discuss?"