08: Daddy Material.

Începe de la început

"Are you s-"

"Get out of my house, Jack Benjamin Hipmings." I tease him, practically shoving him out. "We'll be fine."

"That we will," a voice says, and my attention is taken by the blue-haired girl standing on the porch step. "Hey, Lucas."

Luke smiles at Ashley, his eyes darting between the both of us. "You girls sure you'll be okay?"

"Yes dad, we will." I roll my eyes. Ashley salutes him jokingly.

"Well, okay," he says, turning to walk away. "I'll see you soon, then."

"See you soon." I echo, opening the door wide enough for Ashley to come in.

"So," she says, shutting the door behind her. "Where's the little munchkin?"

I shrug, flopping down onto the couch. "In the kitchen, maybe?"

Ashley groans, leaving the living room. "You can't just leave a baby unattended, Soph."

"She's three," I scowl slightly. "And I don't know how to take care of a three year old. Luke mostly does the hard work and I sit back and watch."

"Who knew someone like Luke could have a softspot for kids," she says, coming back into the living room with Holly balanced on her hip.

I shrug, flicking between channels on the TV. "I guess he's just daddy material." I mumble absentmindedly.

The sound of something choking is what averts my gaze, and I look over to see Ashley trying to stop herself from laughing.

"What?" I say dumbly.

"Daddy material?" she repeats, amused.

"Yeah," I agree, confused. "What about it?"

"You seriously need to get a Tumblr," she laughs slightly, placing the toddler in the little makeshift den that Luke had made for her earlier on that day.

Ashley then comes over to take a seat next to me, and leans into my ear. "When someone's daddy material..."

"Wait," I yank my head away from her. "Do I need to hear this? I don't think I need to hear this,"

"You have to," she says as-a-matter-of-factly. "Considering you just implied something very sexual about your stepbrother,"

"Oh, leave it alone," I groan, letting my head fall back onto the couch. I already know what she's going to say and I'd rather not hear it aloud; it's a kink, a very common kink apparently, a kink I definitely don't have and highly doubt that Luke does either. Each to their own, I guess, I'm just saying- it's not for me.

"Fine then. Luke's not daddy material, not in the slightest-"

"No takesies backsies!" she says, pointing a finger at me. "You said it, you meant it."

"I meant father material," I whine. "Father material, Ashley."

"He can be both," she shrugs, leaning back. "I can see it happening."