t h i r t e e n

an:
•maybe i should make a due date by when i should have my chapters posted?
•very short chapter ahead
•unedited (let's just assume every chapter from here on out, is unedited)
      •i love you guys so much, and i truly appreciated your comments last chapter when I asked if anyone still read this

t h i r t e e n

January 6, 2015

"So she told you what she had, and now you feel like you need to tell her what you have?" Matt asked.

I nodded and turned over so I was on my stomach. A groan emitted from my mouth after stuffing my face in a pillow.

I invited Matt and Callum over earlier, but Matt was the only one to show up. Callum later responded to my text, saying something about a family gathering. Which was weird because he doesn't really like his family, save for his mom, dad, brothers, and sister.

Matt gave a sigh and after a long moment of silence, said, "I don't think you should tell her until you're ready."

"Really?" I asked.

I looked down to the floor where Matt lay. He shrugged. "Yeah, I mean, you shouldn't tell her something so big until you're sure," Matt stated.

I sat up, looking down at Matt. "Sure about what exactly?"

Matt shrugged, a playful smile on his face. "Who knows?"

I groaned again and threw my self back on my bed. "This is serious," I argued, and even though Matt used a playful tone when he said that, I could tell that he was serious.

Matt laughed. Things got quiet.

"Why was she in the hospital?" Matt asked, his voice a whisper.

I kept my eyes on the ceiling, gulping. "I can't tell."

He sighed, standing up. "Fair enough." When he was on his feet he pointed my door. "I'm going to raid your fridge before I leave."

A while after, just as Matt left the house, my phone made a noise from beside me. I checked to see a text from Athena.

Athena: can I come over?

I was about to reply and tell her 'yes, please. It's so boring here' even though Matt had just left.

But then Mom's voice said in my head. You'll only hurt her in the end.

I was still torn over whether to tell her now and get her hurt, or tell her later and have her more hurt than she would be if I told her now. It was either my feelings, or hers.

With a sigh, I dropped my phone and then heard a slight thunk, warning me my phone must have slipped off from my bed.

I stuffed my face in my pillow and sighed again.

My phone vibrated again, reminded me Athena texted me two minutes ago.

I groaned.

_________

an:
next update goal: July 21