"I am happy for him," Ginny interrupted.

Alexandria closed her eyes and shook her head violently, "I get it. He doesn't deserve me, I'm just weak and basically have to catch up on three years of my life but you know what? Fred doesn't care, he doesn't care that I'm weak, he doesn't care that I was a vampire. He doesn't care that I've done bad things to escape situations, I did horrible things this past year that I'm not proud of. But does Fred see things like that? No. He doesn't and neither should you. If you're so happy for Fred then act like it. I have to go on living with the knowledge that there's a chunk of time erased for me, erased because it'll traumatize me just as badly as it did back then. I know I'll never deserve to have Fred in my life. I don't deserve the kindness your family has shown me, Ginny. I never will. But I will be damned if I don't make sure Fred is happy as the smallest bit of gratitude I'm able to show your family." Alexandria opened her eyes to see Ginny's eyes had widened slightly and she looked somewhat speechless as she stared at Alexandria.

"What I was doesn't matter anymore, it never mattered then. So it really shouldn't matter now, if it doesn't matter to Fred or even the rest of your family...Then it shouldn't matter to you. For fuck's sake, Ginny! We were friends! I use to help you with whatever problem you needed in school! I was the one who was there for you during your first year, when you got scared because of that diary you found!" At this Ginny averted her gaze to the ground. "So get use to me being around, until Fred loses the appeal he sees in me, I'm sticking around," Alexandria shook her head and turned away from Ginny. Leaving her words to hang in the air as she walked back inside the kitchen where Fred and George were waiting patiently. Both looking slightly worried as Alexandria gave them a small, tired smile, "everything's fine you two, calm down."

The two smiled, "want something to drink?" Fred offered over to the stove, he didn't want to discuss Ginny. It had been three weeks of this and he just wanted to enjoy the upcoming holiday. He didn't want to fight, didn't want to argue, didn't want any of that. All Fred wanted was to spend this Christmas with the girl of his dreams. Fred was brought out of his thoughts when two hands found his waist, he turned from the stove and smiled down at Alexandria.

"Everything alright?" Fred asked, handing her a small cup of steaming tea she took happily.

Before Alexandria could open her mouth the door was flung open and Ginny stood in the threshold. Alexandria placed her drink on the counter and stepped toward Ginny, bringing herself to full height as the small redhead averted her gaze.

"You're right...I'm sorry, I have been way out of line." Ginny averted her gaze, the tension melted away as she headed toward the living room where Harry and Ron still were.

Alexandria turned to Fred and George and smiled, "hopefully it'll be a little less tense for the holidays now."

***

Vic's eyes fluttered open at the sound-a soft moaning-that alerted him that his best friend was gaining consciousness again. He got out of his chair and walked over to her bed, frowning slightly as Alexandria moved her head from side to side.

"Don't open your eyes, Lex," Vic spoke softly, Alexandria's facial features scrunched up as the machine beside the bed beeped.

"Oh bloody hell, am I--"

"Yeah, you took a nasty fall and you're in the hospital," Vic interrupted.

Alexandria's hands clenched into fists as she laid in her bed, "fuck."

Vic snorted slightly, "you're alright though."

"But why am I in the hospital for fainting?" Alexandria questioned.