Chapter 40: Water

Start from the beginning

"Funny," I coughed, wincing again at the pain my in fingers and wrist. "That's exactly what Skylar's clone would say."

Troy's foot connected with my chest, and I felt something crack. I hissed in pain, tears blurring my eyes. In an instant, Troy had his steel fingers in my dark curls, forcing my head back, knife on my chin. "I am NOTHING like Skylar!" He shouted in my face.

I hissed in pain again, but did my best not to cry out loud. Evie didn't need to know how badly I was hurting. She would get herself killed trying to save me.

"You know, you actually are though." I struggled not to let my voice break, but Troy could hear the pain and terror in it.

He smirked. He easily flicked the knife down the left side of my chin, cutting open skin. I grimaced as I felt hot blood trickle down my cheek.

He gently dragged the knife across my throat, making me shiver. "One more chance, Tony."

"Go. To. Hell!" I spat forcefully in his face.

Troy's fist swung back, ready to smash into my face. I threw up my good wrist to block it, but the blow never came.

I cautiously opened my eyes, and saw Troy and Evie staring at Stacy in a mixture of awe, confusion and horror.

Stacy was lying on the floor, gripping the blade of his knife in one hand, his gun laying on his chest. His eyes were wide, although they slowly seemed to be returning to the normal blue color.

Blood dripped out from his hand that held the knife, but his fists remained clenched. His whole body was shaking with spasms, and all his muscles were clenched.

Evie had backed away, and made her way over to me. "What's the matter with him?"

"I don't know," I gripped her hand, and jerked my head up toward Troy.

She nodded, and in an instant, she smashed Troy, who was still staring at Stacy in awe, over the head with a giant hammer she seemed to have pulled out of nowhere.

He collapsed to the ground with a echoing crash. "Where the hell did you get that?" I said hoarsely.

"Don't worry about it." She winked at me.

To my shock, she swung it repeatedly in her hand and it shrunk down into a mini stapler. She stuck it in her pocket, and held out her hand. I held up my good arm, and she yanked me up.

Pain shot through my chest, and my arm shot back to clutch it; my bad arm. "Son of a bitch!"

"Tony?" She sounded concerned.

The pain was blinding. I was doubled over, gasping from the pain, but every breath I took caused me more pain in my chest. My stomach was churning, and my head felt like it was split in two. White hot pain shot up my left arm, from my fingers to my elbow. Blood dripped from my chin onto the floor.

"Evie. Hacer que se detenga, Evie, por favor! Haz que se detenga! No puedo soportarlo más!"

"Tony, I'm sorry." her voice cracked. "I would if I could. Your accelerated healing should-AHH!" Her words changed into a scream as someone pushed past her.

It was Stacy, moving incredibly fast.

"Can you keep up with him?"

I set my jaw. "Yeah. Let's go."

*** Skylar's POV

"Jamie?" Harry asked stupidly. "How?"

"I don't know..." I whispered, in shock.

"Skylar! Is that you?" Jamie's voice cried out again.

"Yeah, it's me.." I said softly. "But how...who...?" I couldn't finish my questions. My mind was racing.