Chapter 31: Ice

I was going to rip Chestnut's head off. Better yet, I was gonna rip his nuts off. Then I could call him Chestnutless.

I didn't know how I knew where he was, but somehow I found him. Sure enough, he was kissing a tall, thin tan woman.

"Hey! Jackass!" I shouted.

Chester jumped back, and turned pale when he saw me. "Oh hi, Harry, what's going-OOF!"

My fist connected with his stomach, and he doubled over, wheezing.

"What the hell?" gasped Lily.

"That's for Skylar!" I pulled my fist back again, but there was the sound of electricity crackling. The light above me flickered and grew stronger, and as I turned around I saw Tony, Derek and David headed towards me, David leading the way.

His hands were surrounded with lightning bolts, and before I could move, he pointed two fingers at me. Lightning shot out from his fingers, and hit me in the left lower side of my ribcage.

I flew backwards and slammed into the wall, leaving a huge dent in it.

"What the hell?" I heard Lily gasp again.

I laid back against the wall, breathing shallowly, my eyes closed, waiting for the pain to subside.

"Is he dead?" I heard Tony say.

"No, I don't think so. I didn't hit his heart."

"What the hell is going on?!" Lily shouted.

My eyes flew open, and met Lily's dark ones. She was pretty; long dark hair, big dark eyes, and tan. But she wasn't Skylar.

"Your boyfriend is a cheat," I said, glaring at him. "He is also dating a girl named Skylar Hastings."

Lily took several deep breaths. "Are you saying that Chester, my husband, has a girlfriend as well?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." I stood up. The shock from the lighting bolt had shocked me out of battle mode, but I was still furious.

Lily turned to Chester. "You promised that girl from your office was the last one." she said calmly. Then she promptly slapped him on the cheek, and stormed off down the hallway.

"Lily, wait!" Chester cried out pathetically. He started for her, but I reached out for him again; David beat me to it.

He grabbed Chestnut by his tie, and prevented him from leaving. "You have one hour to pack your stuff and leave." he snarled.

"Or what?" Chester laughed. "Do you think Skylar will believe you with no proof?"

"Maybe not." David said. "But maybe I won't feel the need to stop Harry next time."

Chestnut glanced nervously over at me. "Fine. I'll leave." He took a few steps away, but then he turned. "But you eight are on your own now," he said smugly. "I leave, The Anti-Forces leaves. You'll have to deal with Bryner on your own."

Then he took off down the hallway, leaving us furious, satisfied and just a little bit terrified.

***

We slowly made our way back to the girls main room, none of us wanting to deliver the bad news.

When we got there, Diamond, Evie and Evalynn, all dressed nicely for the dance, were sitting on the couches with pained expressions on their faces, as an odd noise that sounded like Skylar singing came from the bathroom.

"What the hell is that god-awful noise?" David asked, covering his ears.

Diamond winced. "That would be Skylar singing the Star Wars theme song."