If she can cheat, I can cheat too

I arrive at his dark wooden front door with my heart beating vigorously inside of me. I rise my hand to knock and I already hear the sound of the door unlocking.

The door opens with Warren standing infront of me.

"I have a ton of movies we haven't watched together yet." He says casually.

I don't really answer him, I honestly don't know what to say with all the mixed emotions rushing through my mind. All I do is step inside and let him close the door behind me.

We stand together in his foyer, not a big foyer, basically just a t-shaped hallway that has a big window in front of you looking at his backyard similar to my house.I look at his blue eyes which are looking back at mine my heart beating vigorously within me,I don't see much emotion in his eyes just something that looks like joy.

"Nutella pancakes?" He says smiling kindly.

"You remembered." I say and my heart warms.My favorite food is Nutella pancakes.

We head to the kitchen and I stare at the batter with my mouth starting to water. The glorious batter with marbled tasty Nutella.

After we fried the pancakes we head to his living room to watch a movie.

"Ok there's two movies I haven't watched, The Fault In Our Stars and some other chick flick" Warren says as he sets the plate on the coffee table in front of us.

"The Fault In Our Stars, I love that book but I never watched the movie."

Warren puts the CD into the player grabs the pancakes and sits directly next to me.

I feel his body sitting next to me on my left side on the reclining couch and my heart skips a beat,he presses play on the remote and I grab a pancake.

About 2 minutes into the movie we both feel his phone vibrate in his pocket, I pause the movie. I watch him view the notification on the lock screen. He doesn't hide his phone away when he sees me looking at the screen. I read,

Phil: *sent image* Sorry dude, I saw this.

We both turn to look at each other, we both know what the image might be. His eyes only show concern and hurt, only those two emotions, nothing else.

"Did you tell him you thought she was cheating?"

"No, I only told you." He looks more hurt than concerned, he looks like he's on the verge of tears.

I feel hurt because he feels hurt and for some reason I want to cry.

A thought goes through my mind.

What if I get blamed among the grade when we get back to school in September. Autumn and Warren have been voted the cutest couple, if I ruin it the entire grade will ruin me.
Why does Warren trust me of all people with this information!

"Why you crying?" Warren says after a second into our concerned-staring contest.

"It's nothing."

"Ok." He unlocks his phone and I look down at his screen.

I see a picture of Autumn hugging another guy quite amorously at the café that I met her at the other day. I see his fingers doing a dance before typing.

Warren: are you sure it's her?

He then backspaces, puts his phone on the coffee table next to the couch then puts his head in his hands, I know that he's crying. He takes a deep breath in and sighs loudly.

I don't know what to do other than watch, honestly even though this might make him a available to me I don't want this to happen, and for him to be sad.

"I-I'm gonna get some water." He says turning around as he takes his hands away from his eyes.

I just sit here in guilt because for a second, an actual second of my life I wanted this to happen. All I want to do is disappear from this moment but in reality I'm just sitting on his orange leather couch, sitting completely still just staring at the floor with my legs crossed and my hands grasping my feet.

Warren comes back into the room with a glass of water. He sits down and reopens the chat and looks at the picture and all I see is his eyes. The blue labyrinths that are reflecting the picture that he is currently studying every aspect of. They look purely mortified at the sight of the picture but are slowly getting more devastated. He holds down the off button and swipes then he leaves the room.

Am I rude for doing nothing? Nothing but watch a relationship crash before my eyes?

He comes back into the room , sits on the couch and presses play.

I look at him for an extra few split seconds before looking at the screen.

"I'm sorry." Are the only words that are in my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We didn't speak once throughout the movie.

As the credits roll he finally clears his throat and says, "How was the movie."

"Great." I say while looking at my hands fiddling with my sock for no reason.

"Do you think I can cheat on her since she cheated on me?"

I would say no but I like too much where this is heading to say anything.

"Like kiss another girl."

I remain silent.

If I kiss him on the cheek would that count as a yes?

He looks at his watch.
19:37
"You should go home so your family doesn't question your existence."

"Ok." I do so and head to the green gate that separates our backyards as I open the gate I do something completely unpredictable. I turn around and kiss Warren on the cheek. I turn and run into my house which made the moment so much more confusing, for the both of us.

I collapse on my bed and let all the things that have happened today race through my head like shooting stars.