Chapter 1.

*Ellie's POV*

*Buzz Buzz*

*Buzz Buzz*

    My phone continues to go off as I am laying face first in my stack of pillows.

    'If I ignore it, it will go away,' I think to myself. Even though I can dream, the buzzing continues, annoying me further. I sigh and pull my face out of the comfortable pillows on my bed. I reach over and grab my phone, looking at the Caller I.D.: Notch.

   Yep, Notch as in one of the creators of Minecraft. He's my boss, you see. I'm part of Mojang's building team. I make maps, buildings, games, and even some of the blocks you build with. We've been working on a large project for the past few months, so I'm not surprised he's calling.

   "Hello?" I say groggily into the phone. I just got up, who can blame me?

   "Ellie? I need you to tell me which file that map is in. I want to put the builds in the tutorial world as soon as possible," Notch says hurriedly, probably as he is looking through his email's to find my folders I had sent him the day before.

  "File 8, titled 'Castle Builds.'" I say bored. He makes an, 'Aha!' noise, so I assume he found it.

   "Okay, thanks! See you at work in three hours." He hung up the phone. I looked at the clock, 7:30. Ugh, seriously, Notch? 

   Notch had made a group of offices in New Jersey, which is were I lived. My brother used to live down here with me, but he moved to Washington to start his YouTube career. I haven't seen him in a year and a half. All I know is that he is married and he has a kid. I haven't even met my own nephew, how sad is that?

   I realize I'm not getting any sleep any time soon, so I drag my butt out of my comfortable bed and stretch. It's way to early for me to be up, but when I wake up, I am not going back to sleep.

   I throw on black jeans, a plaid shirt and a red beanie before walking into my kitchen, being greeted by my hyper dog, Shadow. He's a black lab and loves to run around the house, trying to trip me. Don't know why, he just does.

   As I start to make myself waffles, my phone starts going off in my back pocket, signaling I have another call. I groan and pick it up, not bothering to look at the Caller I.D. this time.

   "What, Notch? I told you where the files were," I snapped.

   "Whoa, whoa! I call my sister and this is the greeting I get? Wow!" my brother, Adam, says. I can practically hear him put his hands up in surrender.

   "Oh...sorry, Adam. I thought you were my boss," I explained. He chuckled before replying.

   "I can tell. What's got you in a sour mood anyways?"

   "Well, Notch called me 3 hours earlier than I needed to be to work, waking me up from my peaceful slumber."

   "That does explain a lot."

   "Anyways, what's up?" I ask him as I sit down at the breakfast bar, eating my waffle.

   "Well, I was wondering when you would be coming to visit me."

   "I could ask the same. This is your hometown, remember?"

   "Yeah, yeah. I would, but I sort of have a young son here, and I don't really want to have to take him on a plane or long road trip until he's a little older."

   "Ugh...stop pulling the baby card on me, Adam! Fine, when do you want me to come down?" I groan, putting the plate on the floor so Shadow could lick the syrup off.

   "Hmm...as soon as possible?" he asked innocently. I sighed.

   "Adam, I'd be on my computer the entire time I'm down if I leave before the end of this month. I'm making a Notch themed Theme Park for Mojang."

    "So? You do realize what I do for a living, right? We could all help you!"

   "We?"

    "Yeah! Me and the people who work at the offices."

    "It's fine Adam. I'll just come down next month."

    "NO! You must come down sooner!" he whined.

     "Stop being a baby. I'll ask Notch today if I can take off for a few weeks."

    "YAY! Okay, so-Red?! No, Red, put that down! I gotta go, Ellie. Bye." Adam hung up. I could hear background noise, which I assumed was what Adam was going to check out.

   "Well, Shadow, it's off to work!"

*~*Le Time Skip, Brought to you by Adam's glasses!*~*

    I pulled into the offices. Large orange letters spelled 'Mojang' above the building, making it obvious where I was. I jumped out of my car and walked into the building. I went to my office, finding Notch standing over my desk, looking at the map I was making.

   "Morning, boss." I said, causing him to turn around. He gave me a smile and motioned towards my computer.

   "It's very good," he complimented the Theme Park. I smiled brightly at his approval.

   "Thanks! So...umm, you know my brother?" I asked shyly. He thought for a minute before nodding his head.

    "Sky Does Minecraft? Yeah, who doesn't?"

   "Well, umm...he called me today. He wants me to go visit him. As soon as possible. I explained. Notch thought for a moment before looking at the computer, then back at me.

   "Will you work on the park while you're gone?"

    "Yes, I will."

   "Okay. You can take off after today, go for a few weeks. 3 or 4?" he asked. I looked at him in shock.

   "You're letting me go?"

   "Yes. Now 3 or 4 weeks?"

    "4."

    Well, it looks like I'm going to see Adam again.