OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 14 - Vampire Drama

Start from the beginning

Now, I don't know what to think. She obviously rushed right over here after I left her house. I need to talk to her and find out what is going on between her and Noah. Maybe I misinterpreted that kiss. I don't have time for the elevator to come back up, so I take the stairs down. I run down them at full speed and catch her just as she is getting into her car.

When I grab her arm, she screams, "Don't fucking touch me! I don't want you touching me after what you did with that woman!" I let go of her.

"What about you kissing Noah?" I ask her.

"He kissed me and I was glad he did because it helped me sort out my feelings. I came over here to apologize and to tell you that his kiss didn't compare to yours and that I don't want Noah. That I only want to be with you! But guess what? Now I don't want you either! I hate you! Go back to your whore!" she screams at me.

She starts to get into her car again, but I stop her, "I saw Jonathan and Daniel tonight."

She looks at me, "I can't deal with this right now Jaden. I'll call you tomorrow to talk about it," and slams her door shut. She starts her car, backs out and speeds away.

I'm worried about her driving while she's upset, so I get in my car and follow her. She doesn't drive to her house, but instead she drives to a large house in the suburbs and I have no idea who it belongs to. I park down the street from the house and sit in my car while she goes inside. I wait in my car for about an hour and she still hasn't come out. The house is dark and I am curious as to who lives here, so I get out of the car and walk towards the house.

I go through a side fence to the backyard and stand at the back door, listening. I can't hear any voices or movement inside. I am worried about Catalina and I need to see her. I twist the doorknob until it breaks off and I can get inside. I stand just inside the back entrance of the house and listen again. Still no sound.

I walk through the bottom floor of the house and it just looks like a normal house, with a family living in it. I slowly walk up the stairs. I open the first door and it is a master bedroom. The bed is empty. I open the next door and it's a girl's room. I see Catalina laying in the bed, with her back to the doorway.

I walk around the bed and see that she is asleep, clutching a piece of paper in her hand. I pull a blanket over her and take the paper out of her hand. It isn't a paper, it's a photograph. I recognize a young Catalina and she is standing next to a boy that looks a little older. Behind them is a man and woman. This must be her family.

I look around the room at the furniture and posters on the wall. This was her room. She kept her family's house after they died. She even kept everything the same as it was when they were murdered. How painful it must be to come back here, after what happened that night four years ago. Despite that, she came here for comfort tonight, after I hurt her. I am such an idiot for biting and kissing Rebecca before I'd even spoken with Catalina about that kiss between her and Noah.

I sit down at the end of the bed and put my hand on her leg, "I'm sorry Catalina." I stay as long as I can, watching over her since the back door is broken, then I leave with just enough time to get home before dawn.

CATALINA'S POV:

I wake up around noon the next day and just lie in bed for awhile. If I don't get up, I can pretend that that horrible night four years ago didn't happen. I can pretend that at any moment one of my parents is going to walk into my room and tell me to get up for school. I can pretend that I still have a big brother. I can pretend that Jaden didn't break my heart.

Finally, I quit feeling sorry for myself and get out of bed. The place is pretty clean. I hadn't been back in a long time. I pay a cleaning service to come in once a week, so that the dust doesn't accumulate and rodents don't start moving in. Last night I just needed to go someplace that felt like home. Someplace that neither Jaden or Noah were at.