OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 10 - Vampire Bites

CHAPTER 10:

CATALINA'S POV:

I'm sitting in the huge walk-in closet, playing with the new weapons Jaden got me, when he walks in. "Would you like to take a closer look at the jewelry?" he asks me.

"Jaden, I can't keep any of that, but, yes I would," I tell him.

He opens the drawer and punches in the password to open the glass case. I ask him, "So, is that some sort of special glass?"

"Yes, it's bullet proof and shatter proof. And just so you know, the four digit password is the day we met two years ago on August 12th," he tells me.

"You remember the date we met?" I ask him.

He looks at me seriously, "I'll never forget it."

I feel a little awkward for a moment until he says, "It's not everyday sixteen year old girls try to kill you."

I laugh, "Yeah, sorry about that."

"You're forgiven Cat," he says and pulls out a beautiful sapphire necklace. "Now, let's see how this looks on you."

I oblige him, turn around and hold up my hair so he can put the necklace on me. I turn back around and he says, "Beautiful."

"Thanks, but like I said, I really can't accept all of this," I tell him.

"Oh, but you can accept the weapons? I told you it's a package deal," he says.

I look down at my cool new toys. There are sais, knives, stakes, a sword, a crossbow and even a couple handguns. They're so beautiful. I finally look up at Jaden, "Fine! I really do love the jewelry too. Thank you." I give him a quick peck on the cheek, but he pulls me in for a more passionate kiss.

When he pulls back, he says, "I'm sorry about your friends Catalina."

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure everything will turn out okay," I tell him. "They just need a few days to cool down. I am going to need you to meet all of them, so that they know not to stake you in a dark alley one night."

Jaden laughs, "I don't think they would succeed. So, you're not freaked out about the apartment anymore?"

"I guess not, but that doesn't mean I'm accepting it. I'm just staying here for a few nights," I tell him.

"We'll see," he says with a sly grin. Cocky ass vampire. Then he says, "I have to go now. I haven't fed yet tonight. I can go a few days, but I prefer not to."

I immediately get jealous, "Who are you going to feed from?"

He looks unsure for a moment, then says, "As I told you earlier, I own all of the units in this building. I rent them out to friends for a reduced or free amount. In return, some of these friends provide me with blood."

"You mean, they let you bite them?" I ask.

"Yes," he says.

"Will you be feeding off a woman tonight?" I ask.

"Yes," he says looking nervous.

"No," I tell him.

"No?" he asks.

"Yes, I said 'no'. I don't want you feeding off any other women," I say.

"When you say 'other', do you mean that I can feed off of you?" he asks.

"Um yeah. I mean, it wasn't so bad. I kind of liked it. But, no sex! And no more biting my neck. The wound has been healing quickly, but I'd rather not have to worry about covering up bite wounds."