OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 5 - My Vampire Master

CHAPTER 5:

I wake up the right before noon the next day. I look at my phone and I have a text from Jaden that he sent after I had fallen asleep last night. It says:

From Jaden: Meet me at my very mature and cool apartment at eight o' clock tonight.

I spend the rest of the day working out and doing weapons training. Afterwards, I take a shower and get into my car to go to Jaden's very immature and only somewhat cool apartment. I get there five minutes early, but have to wait thirty minutes before Jaden finally pulls up.

He parks and pulls out a bunch of shopping bags from his car. He isn't driving 'The General Lee' tonight, but instead a black Audi R8. "What happened to 'The General Lee'?"

"So, you miss it, huh?" he asks.

"I'll be happy if I never have to lay eyes on that politically incorrect car again," I inform him.

"Come on Catalina, tonight's your big debut," he says and I follow him up to his apartment.

When we are in his apartment, he sets the bags down on the couch and I sit down in his baseball mitt chair. It's actually comfortable. "You said the other night that there have been witnesses to me questioning and killing vampires. What if some of these witnesses are there tonight?"

He looks away, "Um, actually by witnesses, I meant witness. And the only witness that I am aware of is me," he says, then looks up at me.

"You? What do you mean?" I ask in amazement.

"Well, I got worried with you going out hunting all the time alone. So, sometimes I would follow you, just to make sure you were safe," he says with an sheepish look on his face.

I am in complete shock and a little embarrassed myself. This guy that I have been trying to kill for the past two years has been watching out for me? "Well, thank you and sorry for trying to kill you that whole time."

"It's okay. I understood. Most vampires are filthy murderers, as you so often used to call me," he says with a sad smile.

I grab him and pull him into a hug, "I really am sorry Jaden and I don't think that of you anymore."

He wraps his arms around me and says, "Thank you Catalina. I've waited a long time for you to say that. Now let's get you ready to be my blood slave."

He empties the contents of the shopping bags onto the couch and I yell, "I am not wearing any of that!" On the couch is an assortment of clothes that would be well-suited for a stripper.

Jaden puts both of his hands on my upper arms, "Catalina, you have to look the part otherwise the other vampires will be suspicious. I am not known to take part in this scene and you will be a new face."

Dammit! He's right again. "Fine, let me look through it and pick something I can live with."

"I forgot to get your sizes last night, so I had to guess," he says.

I look at the tags. He guessed right. I finally pick out some clothes, shoes and makeup that I guess I'll have to live with. I go to the room to get dressed and tell Jaden to wait in the living room for me.

Forty-five minutes later, I am dressed with my hair and makeup done. I am wearing a super-short red and black plaid skirt, with a white dress shirt that ties in the front and shows my entire stomach and a good amount of cleavage, even the top of the white lacy bra that I'm wearing. I was also wearing white thigh-high stockings and high-heeled black Mary Janes. I have my long brown hair in loose waves down my back. I am wearing a little more makeup than usual. I put on charcoal eyeshadow, with black eyeliner and mascara. Instead of my usual pink lipgloss, I am wearing dark red lipstick.