Chapter 38:

'What a'

Chapter 38:

(Ella's POV)

It was like de ja vu seeing Joe on this street wearing what he was wearing ,looking at me the way he was. I couldn't move, I didn't want to move. I didn't know to react. I stood there stunned, not knowing what to do next. Why was Joe here? How does he keep on finding me? Is he following me? Why won't he leave me alone? I wanted to go over to him and ask him these questions but too much has happened for a civilized conversation. I watched as Joe came towards us, knowing that I wasn't going to walk towards him.

"Ella. Dylan." He introduced. 

*Flashback*

Waiting for my date on the sidewalk, I knew I should have worn something a little warmer but prompted for the better looking one: my red fitted leather jacket, my black spaghetti strapped play suit and some black suede ankle strap heeled sandals with a simple clutch with a strap.  I had been waiting for 5 minutes and I had decided that if he wouldn't turn up in another 5 then my pajamas's are awaiting me. I remember now why I hate dating, it's so much work and so much time wasted. 

I turned around and saw Joe standing there, he was looking straight at me admiring me. I smiled to see that he had shown up, not having to fear that he would stand me up. He waved at me grinning making me wave back. He walked towards me full of compliments as I went in to greet him with a hug. 

"You look out of the world." He commented as I hugged him, his body heat a warm welcome. 

"Thank you, you look nice too." I said letting him go feeling flattered. 

"You ready to go?" He asked putting his hands in his trouser pockets.

"Yeah let's go" I replied as we headed into the night.

*Flashback over*

I looked at him trying to get myself out of my daydream as Dylan spoke up. For some reason, I felt as if I needed to talk to Joe. I needed to sit down with him and talk things through, because in the end of the day he was a great boyfriend, I understand that some of his actions were not justified but I shouldn't have started with him whilst I was still in love with someone else.

"What are you doing here Joe? Do you not remember what happened earlier?" He asked. I could tell that Dylan was in a protective mode as he stood slightly in front of me. 

"Actually I don't. What did you do to me? It's like a blank." Joe said as if it were a normal conversation. 

"I think we need to talk Joe. Just you and me." I stated making Dylan a little too quickly turn to me, surprised by what I had said. 

"You are kidding right?" Dylan asked. I looked at Joe who was too surprised by what I said. 

"No. I need to do this." I said looking at Dylan. I could see him thinking about it but even if he didn't agree I think it's best. This way it might give Joe the closure he needs and will stop following us. 

"But your parents?" He asked finding an excuse. Great, it was a good one too. 

"I'll give her a lift back, gives her chance to talk to me." Joe suggested but me and Dylan both looked at each other telling each other that that wasn't going to happen.

"I'm not doing that. I'll text them to say we will be ten minutes okay?" I suggested finding a way. 

"Okay. Meet you back at the car." He said letting my hand go so he could walk away. 

"So you really think ten minutes is gonna cover everything we need to talk about?" Joe asked trying to provoke me.

"Well it's going to have too. Let's start of with why are you following me?" I asked crossing my arms. 

"I'm not going to lie. I want you back." He stated boldly. 

"I'm sorry but I don't want to be back with you." I replied making that point crystal clear. He stopped for a moment before he began to speak, it was as if he didn't want to say the wrong thing. 

"And that's a question I have for you, why did you jump back with him? Did you really think that little of our relationship? One minute we're talking about looking at houses together and the next minute he comes on the scene and then you're moving out." He explained making valid points. I wanted to say something but he managed to say something before I had the chance.

"I know I messed up big time turning you, and pretending to be dead, and wrecking everything up. I know I've got issues, big ones, and I know nothing I can do can fix what I've done. But you've hurt me just as bad when you first walked out that door." He carried on. 

"I shouldn't have gone. I see now that I was in the wrong for that." I said wanting to say more. 

"I'm sorry for the way it ended. The truth is as hard as it sounds and it's hard to say, I loved you but I wasn't in love with you. " I carried on. It was hated saying it but I think it's the only way to give him the closure he needs. I could see on his face that he didn't want to talk anymore but I think we both knew that it had to be done.

"Is that really how you feel now?" he asked, the sincerity in his voice told me that we were finally coming to end of this chapter. I nodded in reply not wanting to hurt him anymore. 

"Well." He said laughing his pride back making me a little uneasy as to how I should react.

"I guess that's it then. I should, um, let you get back to Dylan." He carried on. He looked away from me, turning his body slightly. 

"Goodbye Ella" He said like he had come to a revelation. 

"Bye" I replied turning round to head back to Dylan. So much for  a ten minute conversation, I guess cutting it short still got to the point in the end, the point being that we were never going to get back together.