Chapter 16:

'What a wicked game to play'

Chapter 16:

(Ella's POV)

I was hanging out in the lounge with only one of Dylan's tops on. My legs were over Dylan's, my left arm hanging on top of the sofa and my other hand intertwined with his.

"What happens when it comes for us?" I asked remembering a issue

"Last I heard, it was in Egypt sorting out the traitors on the south side" he explained

"Oh" I sighed. I couldn't help but think how much has happened and how quick everything has gone in these past few days.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked noticing that my head was in the clouds.

"I'm just thinking about how quick everything has gone" I explained.

"It will slow down eventually" he said as I put my free hand through his hair.

"I know" I huffed leaning my head on his shoulder. We sat there in silence taking in all of the events when my phone buzzed. I Leaned over to look at the overview of the screen. It was a text from my brother. I picked my phone up and looked at it:

'Hey sis,
long time no see,
I'm in town sorting out of my divorce and was wondering if you are free to have a catch up and a coffee?
Text me if your available x'

I put my phone back on the table.

"Who was that?" Dylan asked as I sat back in the comfy position.

"My brother" I sighed. Every time my brother came into town, he would always degrade me and pointed out my flaws.

"Cheer up" he said locking his hand back with mine.

"You do remember the same Lorenzo right?" I reminded him

"He might have improved with age" he said trying to justify my brother

"Trust me, he hasn't" I said

"Was it him who cheated?" He asked. Oh yes, my brothers infidelity ...

"Yep, cheated on his boyfriend with a girl and then got engaged to her and cheated on her with his ex boyfriends brother" I explained being appalled by my brothers actions.

"That's just weird" Dylan said.

"I know" I said filling the silence.

"I could never cheat on you" he said relating to the conversation

"Nor I you" I said locking gaze with him. I felt that pull again, that connection which we had been acting on for the past day. He pressed his lips onto mine as I let my hand go. I sat myself on top of him, feeling his bulge underneath me, and starting kissing him again. I could feel his hands running up and down my back, pushing me closer to him and letting me release the passion I have been holding inside for the past year. His hands reached my bum, making me lift my body from him and hover over him. He placed both his hands flat on my bum and picked me up as if I were a child. He stood up, my hands holding onto his head as I were deep into a kissing session. I opened my eyes quickly and saw that he was leading us to the bedroom.

***

I woke up, the rain splattering on the window and the small sound of thunder gently waking me up. Dylan has scooped me up in the middle of the night and had me in a tight grasp. I was wearing nothing but could feel the central heating smother my skin as well as Dylan's body heat. We were lightly covered in a sheet covering everything from the neck downward. I managed to crawl out of his grasp and look at the clock

'Monday 12 : 06:58 am'

Shit, I completely forgot about work. Luckily I have to be in by 9am so I still have a bit of time on my hands. I stood up and started quietly going through my unpacked bag to get changed. I grabbed what I needed and decided to get changed in the bathroom so I wouldn't disturb him. When I went back in the room to check on him, he was gone, probably searching for me.

"Dylan?" I shouted but nobody answered. I walked around through the house in search of him whilst putting in my earnings. I went into the main room but still, no sign of Dylan.

"Dylan?" I asked hearing a creek from behind me. I turned around smiling expecting to see him but no one was there.

"Dylan this isn't funny anymore" I said slightly getting worried. From behind now, I could hear a small growl of what could be misunderstood for a bear's deep growl. Slowly, I turned around cautiously and saw a man in a black suit standing a few meters away from me looking down. His blacl covered his head as he looked down.

"Who are you?" I stuttered looking at him, trying to notice I knew him. The man growled after I said this and lifted his head slowly. Once he has looked up, I could seem him. In fact, he wasn't a he, he was it. I screamed as the figure with bright white eyes and dark skin walked up to me as if he were a animal on a prowl.

"Dylan!" I screamed as it came up to me growling

***

I woke up kicking and screaming, Dylan holding me down on top of me, he was sat on my waist so I couldn't kick him and holding my hands .

"Ella!" He shouted getting me out of my zone. I started crying as he got of me. I haven't had a nightmare like that since he left so it's weird to have them again now that he's back. I sat up and melted to him as he embraced me in a tight hug.

"Did you have a bad dream or something?" He asked as I stopped crying.

"It was it. He came after us" I explained.

"It's starting" he whispered

"What's starting?" I asked confused. I sat up so I could see him.

"He's coming" he said