Chapter 8

"Are you going to tell me what the hell just happened?" Leslie shouted once her and Ryan were safely back in her apartment.

"Its a long story." He said, not meeting her eyes. Before anything, he first wanted to make sure that her brother wasn't home. Thankfully, he wasn't.

"Well then you better start explaining."

"Sit down and I will." Immediately she took a seat on the couch, while he took a kitchen stool and placed it across from her.

"Who was that man? Your father?" She asked.

"Yes hes my father. But hes not a man." Ryan looked anywhere but at her eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"Hes the Grim Reaper, hes not human at all. He just as some human quality's." She looked confused, and he could tell.

"Just tell me what you don't understand and I will try my best to explain it."

"What did you mean when you said that he was breaking his own rules?"

Oh, crap. She caught on to that. I'm screwed.

"Ever since I can remember, I've been trying to escape from my father and his job. The second I turn twenty-one, I have to be the next Grim Reaper. I have to kill people, sentence them to death, choose when and how they die, and I have to keep the balance of the living and the dead. Obviously, I've never wanted that. So, every chance I got I would some how sneak out of the castle and go through one of the portals. Usually I would end up here, in New York City. If not, then I just dealt with wherever I was at. Anything was better than living with my dad. Seeing the things that he did to people, hearing their screams and wondering what they'd ever done to deserve what happened to them sickened me." Ryan looked down at his hands before continuing on.

"When I first met you in the coffee shop, I had just escaped from my fathers cruel punishments and was pretty much thrilled to get away from him. But then as soon as I left, I was found and captured like always and was once again brought back to my dad."

"But what does all of this have anything to do with him breaking the rules?" Ryan looked up at her, scowling.

"I'm getting there," He said. "I was ready to take on whatever he was willing to do to me. But I wasn't quite ready for the offer that he made me. He said that he was having a difficult case and that if I could take care of you for a whole year, until the day that you die, then I could pretty much have my freedom. I didn't know it was you until after I agreed to do it. If I loose, I'm stuck there for forever, until the next generation has to take my place."

"So you used me!?" Leslie shouted, standing up. Ryan followed her actions.

"No! Its not like that, okay? You were going to die either way, I didn't have a choice!" He could see the tears in her eyes already. He ran his fingers through his hair and over his face.

"You just hit a new low, Ryan, even for you." The hatred in her voice made him cringe.

"I actually thought that maybe you weren't that bad, but I can see that I was clearly wrong! Did you ever think about me for a single second?"

"I didn't even know you then! Hell, I still don't know you Leslie! What the hell do you expect me to do, huh? You want me to just give up everything that I've wanted my entire life to a complete stranger who's going to die in a year?" He shouted.

"No, I just want you to actually think about someone other than yourself for just once! You say that you don't want to be like your father, but your just like him! You don't love anyone but you!" She was screaming now, not holding back a thing. Ryan stood there, panting and staring at her like he just realized who she was. Neither of them spoke for a minute, before Ryan finally broke the silence, taking a step towards her.

"So what?" He asked calmly. "You want me to love you? Did you actually believe what my father said back in there?" She looked away, wiping her tears that had overflowed. She tried her best to ignore him, but Ryan knew better, and without a word, he grabbed her arms and pushed her up against the wall, his cool breath blowing against her face.

"Tell me Leslie, because I'm dying to know. Did you actually think that I could ever fall for someone like you? Someone who is snappy but also a cry baby? Have you forgotten already? Every girl wants me, I could have anybody on this planet, all I would have to do is ask. So why would I choose you?" His voice was silent but angry and irritated. Everything that he was feeling was spilling right out of his mouth and now that he had already began, there was no stopping him.

"From the moment I met you I've hated you. You threw coffee all over me, embarrassed me in front of everyone, and slapped me too. So please explain to me how in the hell I would ever fall for you!?" His last sentence was screamed as he slammed one of his hands beside her head, denting the wall.

"Enough Ryan! I get it alright!? You can't stand me, your just using me for your own selfish reasons, no feelings involved at all. I hear you loud and clear. But for the record, I never expected you to fall for me, so just cut it out. I'm done with this, and I'm done with you." She went to move out from under him, but he yanked her back, pushing her into the wall once again.

"But I'm not done with you."

And without a warning, his lips crashed down onto hers, making her eyes pop open wide. It wasn't just a peck, either. His lips were parted against hers as he moved his hands to her hair, wringing his fingers in the golden brown strands. Without realizing it, her eyes slipped closed. Leslie felt his lips licking hers, begging her to open her mouth, which she quickly complied, as their tongues met and battled for dominance. One of her hands tugged at his hair, while the other was on his face, bringing them as close as possible. 

Oh my gosh! What am I doing!?

Leslie quickly broke the kiss, breathing heavily and looking up at Ryan's now opened eyes. They were glazed over with desire, his hands moving away from her hair to her face, his thumbs rubbing gently against her cheeks.

"I'm not finished yet."

And just like before, Ryan leaned down and kissed her again, more slowly this time but still filled with as much passion as before. Leslie, still completely shocked, forgot all about resisting him, and continued moving her lips with his. Everything was so intoxicating that she started to feel dizzy. His tongue was mingled with hers again, his lips stroking hers gently, and before Leslie knew it, everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woooooo.... that was... well, um.... interesting. *Fans myself*

I know that this chapter isn't that long, but I kind of like it. The reason that this is actually up so early is because when I got on today, I saw that SOOO many people had fanned, added this story to their list, and VOTED! I was so happy that I just had to get this out early!

I hope that everyone who reads this will vote or comment, telling me what you think and telling me what you would like to see coming up in this story!

Also, if you would like to see how their kiss kinda was like, then look at the video over there

------------------------------------------->

Without the motorcycle and background. Just imagine them pressed up against a wall, lol XD

Thanks so much for reading, hope that you will like it enough to vote and comment! - Taylor