For Contestshipping Day: Neighbors

Start from the beginning

"Oh, okay. I'll see if I have one." May dashed out of the bathroom. Drew was scanning the place again. The lights turned off, and May was back with a screwdriver.

"Here."

"Thanks."

"I brought this." May turned on the flashlight and pointed it at the shower head.

"Yep, that makes it easier." Not only for the task, but also for the fact that Drew and May were alone in a dark bathroom-

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!"

"DO NOT TICKLE ME! AAAAH! GET OFF MY BOOBIES!"

Drew turned around for a second. May chuckled nervously. "The girls."

Drew was done of unscrewing the housing on the shower head. "It's nothing major. You need a new thermostat."

"Okay. I will pretend I understood that."

Drew smiled to himself. He got off the bathtub and told May, "It's fine. I have one. I'll go get it. I'll be back."

"It can be fixed now?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, thank you so much, Drew. You're a lifesaver!" May clapped her hands. "I would never thank you enough!"

The two walked over to the main door. Drew said very quickly, "You can always let me take you out for dinner tonight."

Did he just...

Crap.

May blinked. She chuckled nervously. "What?"

"Uhm, nothing." Epic fail. Drew felt like shit. She didn't take him seriously. Well, he said it way too fast, and his voice was low, but he said it, right?

She probably dated some yoga teacher or even a wrestler. "Okay, Drew. I'll leave the door open for when you get back."

"Okay."

The whole time Drew was looking for the thermostat; he was groaning and cursing like mad.

He was back to May's house and fixing the shower head in silence. May was telling him all the time how impressed she was that he knew how to fix things around the house.

"I have a lot of free time, so, yeah." Good job, Drew. Now May would think you're failure who is sitting on his fat butt all the time doing nothing.

"It's not about free time!" May was still impressed. She held the flashlight for Drew but was flailing her arm every time. "I know guys and they're not as good as you at this."

"When you live in your own, you have to learn how to fix things around." Did he just call her ignorant? "You see, it's not the same for wom-"

"Oh, please. I'm sooooo bad at this. I had to call a friend once because I didn't know how to change a light bulb!" May rolled her eyes.

"It's fine. It's dirty work anyway." Drew was finished from screwing the shower head back into place. He got off the bathtub. "You don't need to get your small delicate hands dirtied with this."

May giggled. "Really?"

"Leave it for the guys." He hoped he didn't sound sexist. He was just trying to look manly. Drew just wanted to give a good impression: Yes, I'm good at fixing electric shower heads. Go on a date with me.

"It's working now?"

Drew chuckled. "Turn on the electricity first, May."

May started to laugh. She headed out of the bathroom as she said, "I'm just soooo bad at this! Oh my God! How embarrassing!"