Paranoia

*four years later*

"Hey mom!" Gilbert called as he walked into the kitchen. I paused cleaning up from the small celebration we had between Gilbert, Jazmin, and I for Gilbert's tenth birthday.

"What?" I responded.

"How old do I have to be 'til I can get a pet bird?" Gilbert asked.

"When you're old enough to move out, then you can have one," I answered.

"What age is that?" Gilbert asked.

"When you move out," I replied, "thought that was self explanatory." Gilbert scrunched his face and walked out the kitchen. I chuckled to myself, he's not mad, it's just an act.

I paused when I heard my cellphone ring, I quickly picked up my phone to only see it was an unknown number, I hesitated, as a teen or even young adult I rarely picked up unknown numbers basically cause it was mostly prerecorded messages from fake companies or dumb prank calls. I sighed, I'm an adult, well age wise, I had to pick it up.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

Nobody replied, but there was definitely somebody on the other side, maybe multiple people I could here a hush conversation. I couldn't tell, how many people, how old they were, anything I was lucky enough to even hear the whispering.

"Ah for fuck sake!" I sneered as I hung up.

******

"Bombs away!" I exclaimed dropping Gilbert on his bed we both laughed as I kneeled down at the side of his bed. I threw the blanket over him smiling as he quickly pulled the blanket off of his head. The sudden moments of the blanket caused some papers on the bed side table fly off.

My attention changed as I picked up the papers off of the floor. It was the same drawing I've seen for years now, the drawing with black thick borders at the left and right side of the paper and a large yellow bird in the middle.

"Mom!" Gilbert shouted.

I gasped dropping the papers, "what?"

"What's wrong?" Gilbert asked.

I scattered to picked up the papers, "why do you keep drawing this?" I asked, Gilbert only shrugged. I stood up holding the papers neatly in my arms. "Can I borrow these?"

"Why?" Gilbert asked.

I shrugged, "because."

"Um okay," he mumbled as he laid down in his bed.

"Good night," I said.

"Night," he replied.

********

"I know I've seen it before," I mumbled flipping though the papers once more.

It's been quiet a few years since I've done research on Gilbert's strange behavior. Most people who have kids with strange behavior probably asked for professional help, but well... remember when I said that I'm very prideful and that it gets in my way a lot, well that.

I paused remembering that Cassidy, who was now Max did research for me on my laptop. 'That was years ago,' I thought to myself leaning back in my chair. "Unless," I mumbled out loud sitting up, "did she save any of the sites?" I held my breath as I slowly scrolled through my saved pages. I paused then quickly opened a page saved years ago. When it finally loaded up. I was right she did save it, a whole website for me. "Yes!" I exclaimed "god bless that g- boy."

"Why are you talking to your self?" A voice asked. I quickly turned almost knocking my laptop off my desk.

"Jazmin!" I sneered.

"Jeez a little louder, I don't think you woke him up yet," she teased.

"How did you get in?" I asked.

"I know where you keep your spare key," she replied pulling up a chair and sitting down next to my desk.

"For fucks sake," I mumbled sitting down.

"What happen to swearing less?" Jazmin asked.

"What happen to knocking?" I sneered.

"Okay you're obviously in a bad mood," Jazmin stated.

"Really?" I replied sarcastically, "I couldn't tell."

"What's wrong?" Jazmin asked.

"Oh nothing," I answered, "I was in a fine mood before I thought a killer got into house."

"Jeez," Jazmin mumbled then glanced over to my desk to see drawings scattered all over, "what are you doing?"

"Gilbert has been drawing the same picture for years now," I explained.

"Oh yeah," Jazmin commented, "he's gotten better, maybe he could be better then you." Jazmin laughed until she noticed my glare.

"Anyway," I continued, "I just wanted to know if it had something to do with-"

"You do realize that Prussia isn't a country anymore," Jazmin interrupted.

"Huh?" I mumbled barley paying attention to her. "Oh yeah, I've known that for a while now."

"Sure," Jazmin replied, "anyway why do you have the wiki page about it up? You doing a report on it or something?"

Without even turning away from the screen I picked up the multiple drawing sitting on my desk passing it to Jazmin.

"I just saw th-"

"I knew it," I muttered interrupting her.

"Knew what?" Jazmin asked.

Finally turning to Jazmin I pointed to the screen. "His drawings are the same as this country's flag."

"That's uh, random," Jazmin mumbled. "Why would he know anything about a country that hasn't been around for decades?"

"I don't know," I replied.

"Rachel," Jazmin softly called catching my attention, "we've done this before."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"This paranoid research," Jazmin asked. "You notice something strange about him and you run to the internet like a hypochondria with a headache."

"That's-" I paused, "quite a metaphor."

"Rachel you said that you would stop being so paranoid about him. He's fine, so he's a little strange, like how he didn't act like a baby at all, or knew fluent german, or how-" Jazmin paused noticing my worried expression, "I'm not helping am I?" I only slowly shook my head.

Jazmin opened her mouth to speak again but stopped when she heard my cellphone ring. We both turned to the phone at the edge of my desk.

"Are you going to answer that?" Jazmin asked.

I turned to her then back to the cellphone before finally picking it up. "Hello?" I mumbled.

Jazmin remain quiet until she watch my expression change, my eyes widen as I held my breath. "Rach-"

"NO STOP!" I shouted before quickly dropping the phone.

A/N:

Well it only took 5-6 month but I finally finished a chapter to one of my stories. I thought school would motivate me to write again. Guess not.

I'm going to try to write more often but don't get you hopes up too much.

However I decided to help you guys know what's going on between chapter I'm going to start posting updates between chapters on my tumblr: sadistic-fangirl666
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/sadistic-fangirl666

I'll try to use it update you guys on my writing for my stories.

Anyway as always all votes and comments are highly appreciated for support and feed back.

Thanks for reading!