Chapter 24 (Showing Love Through Music)

Start from the beginning

I came out of my flashback to Luca staring at me while I stared at his wrist, my eyes overflown with tears. "Jacob, why are you crying?" asked Luca as he wiped away my tears with his thumb. I leaned into his touch and said, "Because I am such a horrible person." Luca suddenly grabbed my face and made me look straight into his eyes, "You are the nicest person in the world! You stayed with me while I was in the hospital the entire time! I know that because I remember listening to your voice every day while I walked through the darkness! You're the reason I was able to wake up!" He had a point, but I still felt guilty about being the reason he cut himself.

With a new determination to make everything up to Luca I pulled him into a hug and told him to get ready for the day. "Why, what are we doing? ARE WE GETTING FOOD!?" he asked full of new energy. "Yes, but that's not all we are going to do! Seriously, can you go one minute without thinking about food?" He just shook his head no before barreling down the hall to the kitchen. I rushed through my morning preparations and left the house yelling to Luca to not leave the apartment until I get back. He just gave me a pout before digging back into his eggs.

Getting everything ready had taken a lot longer than I had hoped, around 2 hours. Especially since Mary made me get everything ready myself since she made us dinner last night (so I can't cook....sue me). When I got back Luca was sprawled out on the couch listening to some music. He was bobbing his head to the beat and didn't even know I was back as far as I knew. I sneaked up behind the couch and knelt down thinking that if he couldn't see me then I couldn't see him. When I was up against the back of the couch I jumped over to find that the couch was now empty.

"Looking for someone?" said Luca right beside my ear. I shot up, what must have been at least 10 feet in the air! "How did you know I was back?" "You're not as quiet as you think. I heard you coming down the hall and pretended to not notice you," he said cheekily. "Whatever?" I said rolling my eyes. "Can we go get food now?" asked Luca as he gave me the biggest puppy eyes I have ever seen. "First we are going to do your daily exercises, THEN go get food" I said trying my hardest not to look into his eyes. "Fine" he huffed out.

I spent two and a half hours training Luca, trying to do some of the things as well only able to last about a half hour before passing out. Luca on the other hand didn't even break a sweat! "How *huff* are you *huff* not *huff* tired!?" I struggled to get out. "I don't know. Can we get food now?" he asked impatiently. "Fine fine we can go get food. But as your final workout I need- I mean want you to carry me to the park." It wasn't really another exercise, I just didn't have enough feeling in my.....well body to move on my own. I put my arm around Luca so he could support me, only to have him pick me up on his back saying, "This way we can get there faster, and you can let your body recover," with care in his voice. I just put my head on his shoulder and allowed myself to relax and take in everything about him, from his smell to his strong muscles carrying me.

We arrived at the park too soon for my taste, even though Luca did walk slowly saying it was because he was "tired", but I knew that was a lie, he did it on purpose. "Where do you want me to put you down?" he asked as he looked over his shoulder at me. "Right here is good" I said trying to get out of his hold. He seem reluctant to put me down because he gripped my legs tighter, but he did so anyway. "Here put this on" I said as I handed him a blindfold. "W-why?" he said somewhat scared. "Don't worry I have a surprise for you!" trying to reassure him. He hesitated before he allowed me to tie it around his eyes and grab his waist to guide him to the surprise.

"How much farther? And I thought you said we were going to get food!" he said getting more and more antsy by the second. "Would you just wait five seconds so I can finish my plan!" I said while laughing. "Wait, you planned this?" "Why do you think I left for two hours?" "To get me food," he said honestly after a few seconds. I just laughed at him as we arrived.