Chapter 19: Evans Rosania

Start from the beginning

“Oh my baby, Dominic, you got me so worried.” Ma cooed as she held his face and kissed his forehead, cheeks, and nose all over. She sat in the chair beside him on the opposite side of the bed from where I sat as she continued to fuss over him. Chase and Mr. Favara came in and stood by the end of the bed as Nat sat at the edge of the bed across from Paige.

“Bro, you’ve got to be more careful, you need to make sure what you eat doesn’t have nuts in it.” she warned as she patted his leg.

‘What do you mean? I didn’t eat anything with nuts in it?’ everyone exchanged confused glances before looking back at Dominic.

“The doctors said the reason your kidney was failing was because you ate something with peanuts in it, the allergic reaction sent your already badly damaged kidney into failure.” Dominic shook his head,

‘No, it was Blake.’ he wrote on the board.

Dominic’s POV- Christmas

I sat outside on the front porch with the stray cat that seemed to love me purring at my feet, it was early in the morning and the air was crisp with a light fog and cool air. I sighed as Baby, that’s what I named her, curled around my ankles, nuzzling her head against my leg I stroked her soft fur on her back as thoughts of Blu entered my head.

“Hey, um Dominic right?” a voice said, making me look up to see the brown haired boy from earlier looking down at me.

‘Who’s asking?’ I wrote on my board that I kept with me, the boy sat down beside me and scratched Baby on the head, who hissed at his touch and ran away,

“Blake.” he leaned back and gazed at me, “You know, you’re a cutie.” he purred as his hand slid up and brushed my cheek. I pulled from his touch,

‘Aren’t you Blu’s little sex buddy?’ I wrote with a scowl, Blake shrugged as he leaned closer,

“Nah, I was just a one night thing for him, but I don’t see how he’d let a pretty little thing like you slip away.” he continued to inch closer as I tried to inch away; his hand landed on my hip as he leaned over me, he smirked as his lips were inches away from mine. “But then again, you are just a wall flower.” he chuckled as his hand slid up and gripped the back of my head tightly, I tried to squirm from his grasp but it did nothing. Blake tilted his head to the side, “I heard you were allergic to nuts.” before I could comprehend what was happening his other hand flew to my mouth, shoving something salty and creamy into my mouth as his other hand plugged my nose, he pulled the hand in my mouth out, leaving the substance on my tongue as he clamped my jaw shut. “Swallow if you want to breath.” he commanded. I began to feel my tongue loose feeling and my throat close up as I realized what the substance was, peanut butter. Blake let me go and ran off as I tried to scrape the peanut butter off my tongue, but it was no use as my vision began to fade and stomach hurt immensely.

After explaining what had happened Blu clinched his jaw, his grip on my hand tightened,

“It’s all my fault.” he muttered, his hand slid from mine as he leaned back in the chair.

‘It’s not your fault Blu, my kidney was damaged badly already, if it didn’t happen now it would have happened later.’ I stretched and took his hand back in mine, 

“I’m going to kick his ass.” Chase growled, my father caught his arm before he could leave the room,

“Let the cops get him, i’ll go talk with the doctor and call the police; you stay here.” my dad set Chase in a chair and left the room in quick strides.

“If I hadn’t messed with Blake he wouldn’t have tried to hurt you Dominic; you could have died.” I noticed tears in his eyes and my heart squeezed at the sight,

‘But I didn’t, and that’s because of you.’ I held his hand tight as I gave him a reassuring smile as the nurse came in.

“Visiting hours are coming to an end, any guests will need to leave.” she instructed, I gave my mom, Chase, Nat, and Paige a hug and said goodbye before they all shuffled out.

“I should be getting to my own room.” Blu muttered as he went to maneuver the wheel chair out, I grabbed the handle of the chair and pulled him back to me.

‘Stay.’ he smirked and raised a brow,

“I’m tired though.” I shrugged and motioned for him to lay with me as I moved over. 

Once we were situated with Blu on the bed beside me, his arms around my waist, I laid my head on his chest.

“So... what about us?” he asked quietly,

‘I’d have to be an ass to think you’re using me after you gave me your kidney.’ he chuckled and kissed my forehead; I cupped his face and kissed his lips softly. 'I'm sorry I was an ass about thinking you were using me.' I signed, I felt horrible, i'd put him through all that trouble just because I was scared of something I didn't know weather or not to be scared of.

“t's ok, because I love you.” he murmured as he pulled me close, entangling our legs, and this time I believed it.

Blu’s POV- A few days later

I woke up as Dominic slid off the bed, I rubbed my eyes as he pulled the hospital gown off, to my relief -and somewhat disappointment - he wore a pair of boxers underneath. I stretched over the bed, wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled his back to my chest, he made an adorable yelp at the contact.

“Mmm, morning.” I murmured, my face nuzzling his neck and inhaling his intoxicating scent that i’d missed so much, the familiar smell of sweet cinamon mixed with my own scent lingered on him from the night, I turned him around in my arms and laid my forehead against his. Dominic was blushing furiously, I chuckled and pecked his lips briefly, “You’re so cute.” he squirmed from my arms and that’s when I noticed the scar on his right hip right above his boxers. They were small circle shaped scars line up to say E.M.R. Dominic quickly pulled on a t-shirt and shorts before I grabbed his wrist and pulled him close,

“Dominic, what’s that scar?” he avoided my gaze as my hand slid up his shirt and looked closer at the faded letters. “Dominic, baby, if you don’t want to tell me you don’t have to.” I cooed as I pulled him to sit on my lap.

“It’s Evans.” he said in a faint whisper, sending me to freeze at the first words i’d heard him say,

“W-What?” was all I could mange as he rested his head on my shoulder.

“My name is Evans, I changed it when I was adopted.” I took in a shaky breath, his voice was soft and sweet to my ears, “E.M.R. stands for Evans Matthew Rosania, my birth name.” when he pulled his head from my shoulder he gave me a sad look as his arms wrapped around my shoulders,

“And... the scar?” he bit his lip and closed his eyes.

“I used to smoke around the age of eleven, Georgia found one of my hidden boxes and to teach me a lesson... she lit a cigarette and... did that...” his bottom lip quivered and a tear slipped from his closed eyes and slid down his cheek, I wiped the tear away and held Dominic close to my chest.

“I’m so sorry baby.” I murmured as he nuzzled his face in my neck, beginning to hate whoever this Georgia woman is.

“You-you’re not upset? Or disgusted?” he questioned quietly, breathing deeply to calm himself

“No, no, at most i’m shocked that something so horrible would happen to someone so amazing.” he blushed softly as I gave him a reassuring smile and kissed him softly. "And I finally got to hear your voice."

*     *     *

Hope you enjoyed, yeah, my Domi spoke :) not on very good terms, but he did.

I stopped doing AP homework to post this, feel loved, now off to my little rabbit hole of homework and stupid school stuff.

Vote= Hug, Comment= Kiss, Follow= A Cuddle