My Beautiful Sunflower

Mitsuki rang the doorbell of Boruto's house for the sixth time and placed his hands in his pockets to stop himself from doing it again. He looked the house up and down. It hadn't changed since the last time he's been there.

"Miti!" Himawari threw herself at the blue skinned boy and latched onto his arm.

"Hello,  Himawari. Is Boruto home by any chance?" Himawari let go of the older boy and shook her head.

"Nope,  he went out somewhere with Shikadai. I don't know when he's coming back." Mitsuki nodded in understanding before turning to leave. When he did Inojin stood there with his hands behind his back.

"Hey! It's been a while. We have to hang out sometime!" Mitsuki smiled at the other boy's request and then left without another word. Himawari rocked back and forth on her feet with a blush on her cheeks. Inojin walked towards her and held his hands out. In his hand was a sunflower and an envelope.

"What's this for?" Himawari inquired as she took the flower and the envelope. She slowly opened the envelope, the only thing in it was a silver key with her initials on it. The key was on a chain.

"Well, it's better to tell you when you see the rest." Inojin offered a hand to the flustered girl. Himawari took it.

________________________

Inojin lead Himawari into the back door of the flower shop. The only light was from the windows. Himawari looked around at the dust particles floating through the light in confusion, trying to find a clue as to why the green eyed boy had brought her to his parents shop.

"Just a few more steps." Then they stopped walking. "Don't be too surprised when you see it, but before you do let me tell you why."

"Go ahead." Himawari ushered trying to keep the enthusiasm out of her voice.

"Sorry for eavesdropping but, a few weeks ago, I heard you talking to Sarada about how you wish you were as beautiful as your mother. That you hated how spiky your hair is and how blue your eyes are. Then, I thought about how your father calls your mother his pretty lavender Queen and then thought about your name, which is Japanese for sunflower."

"So, your point?"

"You weren't meant to be like your mother. You were meant to be you." Inojin turned on a lamp that let out a light blue beam. Underneath the beam was his small garden of sunflowers. Himawari took in a breath, she was speechless. Inojin took a step forward and placed something on her head. It was a crown of sunflowers.

"What are you trying to say?"

"You're the sunflower Queen." Himawari smiled and kissed Inojin on the cheek.

"Thank you, Inojin. If only you were so kind to everyone else." Himawari let out a small laugh as she looked over the garden, her eyes stopping at the sign.

Himawari's Garden

She smiled brighter and picked up the yellow marker that lay on the table by the garden. She crossed out garden and put another word. Inojin chuckled at the garden's new name.

"You're a clever Queen aren't you!"

"Why thank you, kind sir." Inojin bowed playfully before linking arms with Himawari.

Himawari's Himawaris

A/N
My laptop is virus free and I just got my new phone. Aren't I a lucky cookie? I've also decided to call you guys cookies.

How was the chapter? Good? Bad? Terrible?

Grammar issues? Lemme know?

Bye my lucky cookies!! 😉🤗
~Hime