I was already finished with a pancake by now, and I noticed that Shawn looked at me, surprised like he just discovered Atlantis.

"What?" I ask.

"It's just that I thought I'd never find someone who eats as fast as me." He answers.

I chuckle at this. "My parents always complain on how I eat so fast. One in every three meals I actually eat with my father, I recieve a speech on how I should eat slower, how that affects my health."  I roll my eyes and sigh, and eat one more piece of my pancake.

"So Shawn, what are you doing here in New York?" I ask when I finish eating it. Once again, I find it extremely weird for me to be so relaxed around him. Not even with year long classmates I talk like this.

"Well, I have a few interviews and performances here in the next couple of weeks, so I'll be hanging around here. And you?"

"We came here with our school. " I answer.

"But wait a second... Didn't you say you live in, like, South America?"

"Yep." I answer, popping the 'p', just after swallowing more food.

"Woah." He answers, surprised." Is this a graduation trip of some kind?"

Even though I had just swallowed the food, I still managed to choke. Both Ella and Bailey had similar reactions, Bailey nearly spitting the juice she was drinking all over Shawn. "What?! We're just freshman. What made you think we... Graduated?"

Shawn, again, has a look of surprise in his face. "Freshman? Oh god, Sadie, you seriously could pass by 18. Without mentioning the fact that you are quite tall..."

Well, it was true that I was tall. And it was not the first time that people guessed my age way higher than the truth.

"No. I'm fourtee- sorry, fifteen." Before he could doubt the reliability of my words, I explained. "Sorry, my birthday was not long ago. I take some time to get used to that. And by some time, I mean months." Why had you have to make a fool of yourself Sadie? I thought Shawn would find an excuse to go away, not wanting to be seen with someone like me. But instead, he chuckled lightly.

"No problem. It happens with me too. Just some time ago I had an interview where they asked my age, and I answered 15. You're not alone." He smiled at me, which made me feel very light hearted, and made me smile back.

"Um, Sadie?" Ella says, looking at somewhere in the entrance hall. "I am very sorry to say, but the people are starting to join up. We better get going."

Disappointed, I look at Shawn, and stand up, who stands up too. Even though I am tall, My head just manages to pass his shoulder for a few milimetres.

"Well, apparently I have to go..." There is a moment of silence between us, none of us sure what to say. I was enjoying so much talking with him, something I had always wished for. And now that was over. I saw in his eyes that he also looked kind of disappointed too, but I wasn't really sure why.

"We could meet sometime." He says, again with that unsure tone.

"Sure, of course. So... I guess I'll see you around." I give a tiny wave and turn around, and walk with a slight ache in my ankle towards my school group that was reunited.

Before I reach them though, I look over my shoulder. With a skip of my heart, I meet his eyes. We both stop, and exchange smiles, butterflies in my stomach fluttering at this sight.  I turn back, resuming my walk. And even though we are going in opposite directions, I am absolutely sure our paths will meet again, and that that will be very soon.

 And even though we are going in opposite directions, I am absolutely sure our paths will meet again, and that that will be very soon