Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN 🌿

Saëna Plutron was at war with the nokuratus of Kymera. Kymil said it was a war grounded from greed and power. It was not surprising in the least to know that Queen Tabrina was the cause of all this. Afterall, it was she who lusted after the king's innocent and only daughter.

I wondered if Queen Tabrina was not the least bit ashamed of herself. She had a lover for Calima's sakes. What more could she want other than just to abuse her power as a ruler.

I didn't understand till I was shown a portrait of the Princess the Queen selfishly wanted for herself. I've never seen a more ravishing being in my life. It made me feel like a shy bud compared to her.

I recalled Kymil's laughter when he saw my reaction to the portrait. He just couldn't stop laughing and I was mortified for having reacted the way I did.

It had been days since being in this kingdom. My days were now spent in Kymil's healing chamber learning tirelessly how to control my ability. And I can painfully admit that I was a far cry from help in that department.

The one session I'd never forget was when he told me to heal a single shriveled lily. By the time I was able to get what control I could maintain control my powers the healing chamber was like a jungle of overgrown flowers that made us seem like dwarfs.

I thought I knew all there was to know about healing but clearly I knew little. Although my gift had been the source of my pain all my life I still appreciated it. It was what made me who I am.

Amanti would train all day and sometimes the whole night. Well I wasn't sure if it was the whole night that she trained her warriors relentlessly but I never saw her as often as I wished I could. Her bed chambers were now lonely without her. It lacked warmth even more.

Ofcourse I went to the training fields right after my training with Kymil. It was just enchanting watching her taking charge and ordering the hardened warriors about. And every one of them seemed to hold her in high regard. Who wouldn't? She had all the qualities of a great leader. That was more than I can say for the Queen.

I'd seen less and less of her as the days went by. I didn't know whether she was avoiding wandering about knowing I'd inquire about the orb or if she was distressed. She was supposed to train with the warriors as she was the one who instigated the war. But like all the other arrogant rulers she just observed from the warriors from the windows of her bed chambers like a coward.

It was clear she wouldn't involve herself in the war. The war she so selfishly started. It was sickening to say the least.

At dusk they went to war. I could only watch helplessly as they rode out to Kymera. As selfish as it sounded I wanted Amanti to come unscathed. I did not care of the others as much as I cared for her. She was beginning to affect greatly. Her existence meant everything to me for she was the one who had saved me when I was in my weakest state.

She more than anyone deserved to survive through the war. I felt as if the Queen was using her for battle skills. At least the selfish Tabrina went with them. It was only fair, afterall.

There was one subject in particular that I tried not to think about but couldn't be ignored. I had to go back home. My people needed me greatly. I was their last hope. And now that the king had not gotten what he had wanted my people would suffer for it. It was the very consequence Elder Fera had neglected to tell me.

I waited at balcony overlooking the kingdom awaiting for my saviour to return. I just couldn't bring myself to retire for the night while Amanti was out there fighting for her life.

Somanca ( The Healer)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें