Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE 🌿

Pics of some of the flowers mentioned in the chapter

This chapter is for Tee-mash for her votes that uplifted me into uploading this chapter. Thanks dear and enjoy.

I awoke the next morning to find Amanti gone. Strangely enough we shared the same bed. Last night I'd been a nervous mess when she coaxed me to take a bath with her. And then went on and set a swarm of bees buzzing in my stomach when she laid next to me wearing nothing but an almost transparent night frock.

I didn't know what it was about her that had me reacting so strangely but I found it addictive, the effect she had on me.

The door opened and in came a lass I didn't recognize. She wore a simple long sleeved jade dress that reached all the way to the marbled floor. Her features were so delicate and sweet. I do admit it was strange to encounter a being with her hair colour the same shade as her skin tone. But what transfixed me the most was her dark green sparkling orbs. It was like millions of green stars floated in her eyes. She reminded me of the fairy folk. The urge to just wrap my arms around her like a doting mother tickled my fingertips all the way up my arms.

" I apologise for startlingly you, my lady. My name is Emira and I have been assigned to be your handmaiden," she murmured shyly.

Emira went with me to the bathing place and helped bathe me even though I thought it was unnecessary. She even washed my hair for me of which I was immensely grateful for. After the bath she handed me a silk robe to wear then she combed my hair, gently untangling it.

We went back in the main room with Emira carrying a basket filled with bottles of scented oils. I was astonished to see that the bed was made and an outfit was layed out on the bed end bench. I took it that another handmaiden had done the job.

" Will you show me the way to healer Kymil's healing chamber?" I asked, breaking the silence. She was done clothing me and now she was styling my hair.

" I'd be delighted to, healer Somanca. I'd even accompany you," she said, beaming.

When she was done she pulled me to the round floor length mirror with unrestrained excitement and contentment, her eyes alight with bliss.

I was very pleased with what I saw. I've always thought I was dull and ordinary looking but looking at myself now, I couldn't believe the transformation. I could happily say I was damn near alluring and dare I say, ravishing.

If only elder Fera could see me. She wouldn't recognize me and even the village lads who had made it their mission to stay clear of me would want to know me. Yes, I was that beautiful.

But what would Amanti think?

That question alone snapped me out of my chain of thoughts. Why did it matter what she would think? I was in no way looking for her approval. Havens there I go again with my wayward thoughts. She was just a friend.

I couldn't ignore the feeling she gave me whenever she was in close proximity to me. She made me feel things I've never felt before and that was saying something considering the many emotions I felt when healing others. Maybe I was thinking too much into this. Yes that is precisely what I was doing. I was simply confused.

Emira took me to healer Kymil's healing chamber true to her words. Along the way she told me stories about all the wonderful things he had done and the many nokuratus he'd healed over the years. I wondered if he felt as awful as I felt with every healing process. I guess seeing him today and getting to know him would shed some light on that thought.