Somanca ( The Healer)

MARTHA STREAMS

There once was a great kingdom of healers called Elmora. The elmorans were gifted with healing magic and long life spans. And with the greatness of their powers they began to belittle the very gods who bestowed those gifts upon them.

Calima, deity of nature and healing, was greatly offended by that and so she took back the very gift the Elmorans prided themselves with.

The Elmorans had gained themselves a lot of enemies and with being stripped off of their magic they were defenseless against their enemies. And so weakness led to their fall. A generation of powerless elmorans was born and it went like that for centuries upon centuries. Without Healers there was no one to heal the land and no one to heal the sick. The great nation of Elmora was divided and that gave rise to villages. Only one kingdom remained and it was named Throni.

It was after Millenniuns that a healer was born. She went by the name Sacrantha which meant sacred waters. People came from far away just to witness her healing capabilities for they thought it impossible to have a healer after so many years without having one.

The king was bewitched by her beauty and so he wanted her to become one of his wives. Sacrantha was fearful and disgusted by the king being that he married girls who could pass off as his daughters. And it was known that his own daughters were part of his harem of wives. With every rejection the king became more desperate for her to the point that he took great measures to have her stay pure. He forbade her from having lovers and watched her every move like some predator watching its prey.

Then came a festival of Cayanth, a festival held to celebrate young lovers and to give thanks to deity Calima. And on that night Sacrantha met a man. A friendly conversation and wines blossomed to night of forbidden passion under the stars.

When morning came the mysterious man was gone. Sacrantha was disheartened by his disappearance. Months came and gone, and life blossomed within her. She became elated that her mysterious lover had given her something. A gift to rival all gifts. The most precious gift of all. And that was a child.

On her third trimester her village was attacked by the brutal warriors from Azer. They slaughtered and enslaved without mercy. Fathers were decapitated, mothers were violated and killed. And the children were forced to witness the inhumane torturing ways of the Azers.

Sacrantha and her caretaker escaped. In the forest she gave birth under the stars. As she stared at her baby she couldn't help thinking how beautiful and perfect she was. She was blessed by the deity herself. Born to correct the wrongs of the world.

She named her Somanca. The name of Deity Calima's daughter. It meant she who gives life. And she believed that her daughter would do great things. She would awaken the fallen village and she would be a formidable force that couldn't be shaken by anyone. She told her caretaker, Fera, to take care of her daughter and told her to escape. Fera did what she was told and Sacrantha died. The warriors of Azer had planned to capture her and when they found her dead they left, greatly dissatisfied.

And while Tellus was attacked and burned to the ground the king was in his bed chambers surrounded by his ravishing wives oblivious to the horrors of Tellus. With news of the new healer the escaped villagers of Tellus returned from the foreign lands and came home. And they had to witness their once burnt village being cloaked by nature.

Somanca breathed life to Tellus. A throng of Rivian trees surrounded their village and a forcefield protected it from anyone who wished to harm the villagers. Even the king couldn't enter the village for his ill intentions to capture the young healer and so he was killed. Leaving his eldest son to take the throne of Throni.

That was the story I was told by my guardian Elder Fera. And no matter how many times she told me I couldn't get over the pain of losing my mother. I was constantly reminded of how wonderful and selfless she was. Still I was not comforted by that. I felt like a big part of me was missing. I was motherless and fatherless. I couldn't live up to half the woman my mother was. And I found myself living each day miserable and empty.

All knew me as Somanca the healer. The bringer of life and vitality. She who was prophesied by the Seers of Casyl. She who was birthed by Sacrantha the great. One who has healed the fallen Tellus, daughter to Elmora.

Yes, they all thought they knew me when in truth they never did. I too didn't know myself that well, that is until a stranger fell on my doorstep.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

This is my new story. I just couldn't help myself. I do hope you'll enjoy it.

MARTHA STREAMS
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Any events that occur in this book,places, characters, is a fiction of the author's imagination. No part of this book shall be copied, reproduced or distributed in anyway without expressed permission from the author.

If anyone copies my book I will castrate them. Just kidding. But on a serious note it takes so much time, sleepless nights, aching fingers, tons of Data bundles, dates with the dictionary and effort to create a book.

Thanks for reading and do tell me what you think of it.

I don't own the pic used for the book cover. I only edited it a little. All rights go to the artist who created this beautiful picture.

Enjoy