Suprising Me

Alex hasn't responded to my texts or calls. I can't believe I'm leaving him like this. I was afraid of this happening. On the morning of the flight, I woke up to the doorbell ringing. Wishing it was Alex, I ran downstairs to answer it. It was Eddy, Cass, Laney, and Izzy at the door.

"Good luck, Jordan!" They all said. We all had breakfast together and, then, Dad, Mom, Alice, and I drove off to the airport. Passing Alex's house for the last time. I was surprised to see that his new truck wasn't in the driveway. Maybe he was out to do some errands for Loretta, I thought to myself.

• • • • •

After going through TSA, I heard a familiar voice yell my name. Then, I saw Alex running to me. What was he doing here? I dropped my carry on bag and gave Dad my luggage handle to hold onto. Once we were 2 feet away from each other, I smiled and ran into his arms.

I inhaled, breathing in his wonderful smell for the last time. I buried my face into his chest, wishing I could be here for the rest of my life. We stopped hugging so I could kiss him for the last time.

"Guys, seriously, in a public airport?" My dad interrupted. We all started to laugh.

When I look back at Alex, I place my hands on his shoulders and he places his hands on my hips.

"I'm so sorry, Jordan. I shouldn't of gotten so mad. I should of been happy for ya," he says.

"I don't care anymore. All I care about is you. I do love you as much as you love me. I just need to stay in contact with you. Will you promise me you'll call me everyday?"

"Hm... Let me think. Duh, I would call ya everyday. I'll call ya more than once a day." I smile and hold his hand as dad grabs my stuff.

"Oh, I forgot. I'm comin' with ya to Chicago!" Alex says, showing me his ticket.

"Where's your luggage?" I ask.

"It's at the gate. Let's go."