The Big, Bad News

How can you tell your boyfriend that a perfect happily ever after ending wasn't meant for you and him? Definitely not on his graduation day. But, what choice did I have? I've already decided that our happily ever after ending wasn't going to happen.

So, after getting out of the auditorium and taking pictures with Eddy, Cass, Laney, and Izzy, I whispered this into his ear, "Alex, meet me outside. I've got to talk to you." I ran outside as fast as I could.

The sun was covered by the clouds. A storm was definitely coming in. I sat on a bench and kept my tears in until Alex came running out.

"Jordan, what's goin' on?" He asks, standing in front of me.

"Alex, I've made a decision that I really want to take back but, I can't. The damage is already done," I say, crying.

"What? What is it? Please tell me," he says.

"I'm not staying here for college. I'm going back to Chicago with my dad tomorrow afternoon," I say. Tears start to roll down his face and it starts to rain.

"Why? I thought you were happy here? Why do ya want to leave me?"

"I don't want to leave you but, I've never liked it down here. You know that more than anyone." I say, rain soaking our gowns. He starts to ignore me by looking up at the sky.

"Alex, I'm so sorry. I wish you could come with me but, your going to the community college here in Atlanta."

"Why didn't ya tell me this before now? Why now?" He starts to yell at me.

"I just... I just couldn't do it-" I start to say but, he interrupts me.

"You couldn't look me straight in the eye n' tell me that you don't love me as much as I love ya! Why did I stick my neck out for ya?! I should of left ya in that coma! At least ya wouldn't leave me!" I can't say anything. I'm so speechless. He just continues to yell at me.

"Ya know what, Jordan! Leave! Leave me here! Leave me here to grow old by myself n' die without holdin' your hand! Leave me here to be loved by no one else!" He starts to walk away, tears rolling down his face and his hair completely soaked.

Then, he yells from the road, "Thanks, Jordan! Thanks for ruinin' my life!" Then, he ran to his truck to drive away.

I just sat their, on that bench, alone. With my hair and gown soaked and my cheeks stained with tears, I just wished I wouldn't be going to the most elite university in Chicago.